This week we found out that four more acquaintances passed away! OMG!!! Getting older, sure does have some downsides and those downsides truly suck!
Also found our that our old neighbors of 25+ years (moved in Oct.) both have cancer, and he is now under Hospice care. So sad.
I think I am done hearing bad news for the rest of the year. This year has been crazy for sure.
ON A GOOD NOTE - we got new neighbors on both sides of us this weekend. One side is a single mom with 2 kids (3 & 10). They seem really nice and the 10 year old is excited about all the nature we have in our yard. The other side is a young couple with a cute little lap doggie! I was so afraid of getting someone with a big mean dog. They seem nice - he has already told me that if ever I need help, to just yell.
We had a tremendous amount of warm weather this week. From Friday afternoon to Saturday morning (less than 24 hours) we dropped 43*!! Had 73* on Friday with rain - awoke to snow on Saturday! Crazy stuff. This coming week will be warmer again.
I saw the red winged black birds back at the feeder this week. Such a pleasure to see here in the city.
- Got all the spring door decorations up. Used what I had on hand.
- dehydrated 4 bags of marshmallows (there's a story - I'll tell later!)
- Did a lot of yard work. My neighbor 2 doors down wanted all the sticks and limbs I picked up - for his fire pit. Saved me from putting them in trash! RECYCLE at it's best
- Stopped by the vet and picked up my sweet kitties' cremains. We received a lovely card and laminated copy of the Rainbow Bridge in the mail from the vet. They are so sweet
- Cut G's and my hair
- Put a new battery in my watch - from the ones I bought last year 4/$1 at Dollar Tree. The last one lasted months.
- Stopped at Kroger while out and found Domino powdered sugar - 1 lb. boxes - for .39 each on clearance. I bought 6. Along with what I had, I am good for a couple years. (It's dated 12/2018 - but it doesn't go bad)
- Removed ham slices from the freezer for easy breakfast and lunch eats
- Also removed banana bread from freezer for snacking
- Got to line dry some laundry!
- No heat much of the week and aired out house a lot
- An old co-worker stopped by one day and told me he started his own handyman business. We were just talking about finding someone to help with some projects. God sends what we need when we need it!
Leftover lasagna with a small side salad
Loaded hot dogs with chips and dip
Pork cube steaks and dirty rice
Enchilada casserole and salad (2X)
Pork chops, fried green tomatoes and breaded/fried onion slices
Leftover pork, tomatoes, onions and oven fries
Snacks/desserts were orange cream pudding, banana bread, a homemade sundae, real banana pudding (yum), pop corn
How did your frugal week go? Any deals or special projects?
I hope you are getting to enjoy some of this wonderful pre-spring weather in your area.
I look forward to doing some spring cleaning this week.
May the sun shine upon your face and the wind be at your back. I pray each of everyone has a blessed and beautiful week.