Howdy all. Hope you are all safe and healthy and doing well. Hope some of the storms yesterday missed you and did no damage.
We had a heck of a storm come through around 6:30PM. It came out of the north which was kind of unusual. It came hard; fast and boy did it rain. It got kind of crazy for a bit.
I had more limbs and sticks down than I have had in ages. We got about 1 1/2" rain in an hour. The temps dropped 21 degrees in an hour, and it felt awesome out after the rain.
This morning is back to humid, but that is supposed to be leaving this afternoon. It is a gloomy and cloudy morning. This too shall pass.
Tomorrow many children go back to school around here. The rest start next week. Crazy stuff. I loved having the entire summer off when I was young - didn't go back until after Labor Day.
Have you noticed the daylight hours are getting shorter? It gets light later and dark a little earlier. I notice it most in the mornings!
Today, just a few pics of things that make me smile, and that I just find a wonder. It is little things, that can surely make a day special. A smile, a hug, a word, a sight...... just the little things - they can be huge.At the right of pic - see that tall green plant? That is where my banana peppers are and they just keep producing and are loaded. That tall one came in same cell pack - but it doesn't appear to be the same. The plant is 2X as tall as others and the peppers are different. I do believe it will be a jalapeno!! Surprise! It has tons of tiny peppers on it.
Tomatoes are hanging out there in clusters! There are many and just so neat to see such clusters of potential yumminess.
This makes me sooooo happy. It has been years since I have had cucumbers be successful. I am growing very old seeds (planted very late) in a big pot. They are doing good and taste so good.KITTENS (and leaves). Front to back - Patches, Boots, Dusty and mommy Pip. They are 9 weeks old and just a hoot. Playing and exploring everything. They eat and drink, but they are still nursing as well. They are so little.Yesterday after changing out everything on the bed, I put this quilt on. A good friend gave me this about 10 years ago - said it reminded her of me. She is now gone, and whenever I put it on the bed, I think of her. It is so pretty and cheerful (not made by her), but it just makes me smile. She was a flower buddy and my hummingbird buddy. She would call me every day (at least once) to give me a hummingbird report!!! LOLIsn't mature something? Phlox - tons of little, teeny tiny flowers all together to make one beautiful flower head. The bees love these flowers.
Perfection!
God makes nothing that isn't perfect in His eyes. That is something we need to remember. We often see flaws and criticize things - but God made it and He makes no mistakes.
From quilts, to kitties, to growing things, just a few of the items that are little but make me smile.
Folks, life is good - appreciate all that you see and can do.
Looking forward to the humidity breaking today and feeling a bit cooler out. That is a beautiful feeling, not just for me but all of nature as well.
What little things make you smile?
Have a fantastic day and take time to appreciate!

Ugh, send the rain! I'm out West near all the terrible fast spreading fires, killing much livestock (watch out beef prices) and we're in our usually 60 dry days. Air quality is dangerous for those with health issues. The advice is that we NOT exercise outside at all. And to top that off, we had a freak hail/wind storm last week that decimated 50% or more of any plant. I don't think I will be filling the freezer this season nor canning as much as I had planned.
ReplyDeleteThe upside of reality? I am indeed grateful for our health and our many Blessings. We can afford food. We are safe from fires.
I wish I could send rain. I am so sorry that you are all dealing with all that. So many fires, all over the place.
DeleteI hope you can still get goodies from the CSA, but understand that may prove to be a problem.
Glad you are safe from the fire area and yes mam, health is so much!!!!!
Storms were fierce yesterday afternoon. It got black out, the wind was awful and we got hail on top of a load of rain. My grandson was so scared we went to the basement even though no sirens went off. I see many trees down this morning.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a rain barrel but I did think to put my 2 watering cans out so I could water my house plants today.
Oh goodness, that sounds awful. Poor fellow, he must have been scared. I see different parts of town around here had trees down too. I always feel so bad for people dealing with that stuff. Glad you are ok.
DeleteMy barrels are full again. It really does help. Your house plants will love that water!
Your pictures are beautiful and it's hard to choose a favorite. Of course, kittens are always a joy, as well as a perfectly formed rose bud. Can't go wrong with pictures of veg! Love the shot of your phlox and the quilt story. Saved your picture to my Quotes board on Pinterest.
ReplyDeleteThat was a heck of a storm that went through yesterday. We got just at 1.25" of rain. I'm sure the weeds will be coming back with a vengeance. It beat down half of Nathanael, the fig tree. The Farmer will secure to a post so it isn't damaged.
Off to pick up Jacob's heart and blood pressure medicine.
Thank you. I am glad you like them all. I couldn't just pick one either. My tall pepper plant was hanging over - so that got staked up too. Hope your fig is ok.
DeleteYes indeed it was some storm. I have leaves on the back of the house as if I glued them there from the wind! I took a walk this morning and was talking to neighbors - everyone said they felt a brief moment of 'scared'. Bits hid under the covers!!
Stay safe out there.
Oh, those kittens are precious! Love your quilt and garden produce! Pretty purple and pink flowers, too.
ReplyDeleteI’m sure glad you are safe from the storms - I saw them on weather channel yesterday and prayed for everybody.
We’re having hot weather here in NE OK. Hoping for even a scattered shower🌦️
Thank you again for caring for the critters God puts in your sphere🙏🏻
Mary in OK