Hello all. I hope you are well and safe. It is a sunny morning here!!!!!! Haven't had one of those in a while and NO threat of rain! What a thing to appreciate - but boy oh boy, it sure is appreciated by many.
It is going to be a bit cooler all week, love that as well. We do have a couple chances of rain in upcoming days, but fractions of inches instead multiple inches.
I have windows open this morning, as it is in the 60's at the moment. Glorious.
I hope to get out and do yardwork today, but the dew is super heavy this morning. The grass is just sopping wet at the moment.
It has been a bazaar morning. I went to get on the computer, and I had to sign into everything. I don't sign out of most things, so I can just go and check whenever I want. I had to sign into regular email, g-mail, blogger, and FB. I have never had that happen before with everything at one time. I got two notices that I had tried to log in from another device. NOPE not me! Sounds like someone was trying to get into my computer. That is why I do not put important stuff on it. Scary stuff.
I know the flooding has been an issue in IN and other places. As I said Sunday some have called it a 100-year flood, some a 1,000-year flood, other words used - historical, Biblical. Entire towns under water - I can't imagine the feelings these people must be having. Some places were flooded up to ceilings. Several historical towns have flooded, and that is just so sad, all the history and memorabilia gone.
This is a view of a town just 59 miles due East on me. There are only 1,700 people that live there - so not a big place - I just wonder if they will ever get back. Our worst flood in Indiana happened in 1913, and it was horrible. I actually have an article from the newspaper that my grandmother kept on that flood.Life sure has a way of humbling us.
There are many resources now available to help those in need - people helping people, even those that are struggling are helping - that is love. There are also scammers out there already - those people just make me sick. Anyone that needs to cheat someone in such dire need, is despicable.
52 of our 92 counties have been declared a disaster. Over half of the state. So sad.
I was reminded the other day of a situation that happened 14 years ago last week. It is state fair time here, and that is where a horrible disaster happened 14 years ago.
There was an event planned at the fair, a Sugarland concert. My nephew and his friends had come into town to be there. Rain was predicted and there were emergency exists set up, and it was expected to hit at a certain time. Well, 45 minutes earlier than predicted - a huge storm and terrific wind hit and the entire stage collapsed. Luckily the band was not out yet. My nephew was in row 2 center stage.7 people ended up being killed, all from up front, and dozens were hurt. If you look at this picture, see the blue arrow on the left, that is my nephew. He didn't get hurt thank goodness, and he helped to rescue others. I was so proud of him.
All the pictures that were taken, and he happened to be in one. It is sure something that he will never forget.
Now for a tidbit that I haven't mentioned to you yet! You know about Momma and Pip (little mom) and Pip's babies - but a couple weeks ago, I was donated, gifted, had dropped off - 3 more kittens!!!! They just appeared one day! Yep, there are 6 young-ins.
Two little black ones, and one charcoal colored one - about 2 weeks or so older than Pip's babies. Hers are now just 3 months, and these appear just a tad bit older. In the pic above, you can see all. The blue dots are Mom and Pip - the blue lines show where the others are. One by Pip, 2 others on the walk, 1 on handrail, and 2 on deck - Bits checking them out from the window!Now let me tell you, come breakfast and dinner time, I am one popular lady! They have dry food to eat all day but get wet food 2X a day.
They kittens all get along wonderfully and play and play. Talk about zoomies!!!! Oh goodness, they are a hoot. Pip, bless her heart is still nursing hers some (even though they eat food) and she lets the others nurse too if they want. They seemed to be weaned, but now and then still want to be babies too. Momma kitty keeps an eye on them and helps keep them in line. She even cuddles with them and gives them bathes. One big happy family.
Yep, lots of work to do to get all fixed and safe. I have my hands full!
Just call me the cat lady!!!!!
Well, that is it today. Life can sure be interesting, and we just never know where it is going to take us.
Lots of twists and turns. Some better than others - yet we get through them and we are blessed.
I do hope you are all safe and dry from the flooding.
Take care and hoping you are all dry and safe.
APPRECIATE your day, no matter what gets thrown your way.



Many people in the severely flooded areas have a long road ahead. Some will walk away and sell their property for the land value. (That is what I would do.) Many will have long fights with their insurance companies (if they have it.) Many probably don’t have flood insurance. And then there is the stress and heartbreak. We are seeing more severe weather everywhere.
ReplyDeleteTo me, dropping the extra kittens at your house (without asking) was a lousy thing to do. They know you care for animals and will help them - and I know you will - but cat food and vet care is pricey. I hope there is a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in your area, maybe at the local animal services department. But of course the kittens are adorable and I’d want to keep them all.
I just got my electric bill - $100.09. I’m satisfied. Barbara M.
I know so many will just cut the ties and take what they can take - which is sad. I have heard some say they had no insurance. It is all so sad.
DeleteI know, I get angry with people who treat animals like trash. I have been here so long, I am sure I have a reputation for caring. I can't just ignore them. They are adorable. It does get pricey for sure - it takes a lot of food and yes, just getting them all taken care of. There are places that will help with that, hoping for some help.
That is great - I would be satisfied as well. I think you did a good job!
Im heartbroken for those experiencing flooding and farmers relying on rain and not getting it. Both sides of the rain equation is brutal.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely - some have no crops because of the flooding, and some are just dried up. This has sure been some weather year. It is all so heartbreaking.
DeleteMore kittens! OMGoodness. Can you catch them and get them fixed? Where are the homes for all these young critters? Population explosion! They need to be tamed before they find homes, that's for sure. Good luck with all this.
ReplyDeleteThat's quite a story about your nephew and the fair all those years ago. Lucky boy.
Those poor people being flooded out. How horrible. I wouldn't know how to rebuild my life starting from nothing. Often one ends up with no paperwork at all, because everything went bad too quickly. What does a person do? I cannot imagine where to start. Prayers.
MaryB
4 of them are quite tame, and 1 is warming up and then there is Bash (bashful), that still isn't sure. It lets me pet it while eating, but doesn't realize it! I figure I keep getting my scent of it, I will have luck. It is a job for sure.
DeleteYes, my nephew was quite lucky as people in front of him died or got seriously injured. So proud he stayed and helped instead of running off.
Mary, I wouldn't either. Just everything for some folks is gone.
I hope we don't have to ever experience something like that. Prayers are surely needed.
It's hard to imagine your home, your car, everything just gone. My niece Marsha lives up in that area but she told Erin that they are fine, no problems. The roads that were washed away will take a while to clear up and replace.
ReplyDeleteMore kitties! They sure are cute; however, folks should ask before dumping. Erin's roommate mentioned a place that will pick up, spay and return the cats. If they recall where it was I can pass it along if you are interested. Some vet practices will offer a discount for feral kitties. I noticed that Bits has his ears down. Does he disapprove of the shenanigans? ha!
It is a beautiful day! Rain is predicted for tomorrow but who knows if it will really happen. Right now the ground is wet enough. I planted some iris that the Farmer had started from seed. They had lots of babies so I was able to fill a pretty good size area. The Farmer had ordered some seeds for fall harvest as well as for next spring. The package arrived damaged with no seeds, in a bag from USPS basically saying "sorry, not sorry". I contacted the company and they are replacing the order. Sounds like maybe they have experienced this before.
There have been several times when I'm sure "someone" has been in my computer, my tablet and my phone. Very strange...and unwelcome.
Going out front to work on those flowerbeds. They have been neglected all summer, as we have been trying to keep up in the backyard. I would rather have too much to do than nothing at all.
Enjoy your day!
Glad your niece is ok.
DeleteYes please let me know the name of the place if you find out. I have searched a few places, but need ideas. I wish people wouldn't just drop off like that. I have my work ahead of me.
I think Bits want to be involved! He talks to them a lot when the window is open.
Nice to replant for fall. Goodness, I wonder what happened to the seeds? We often get no mail for a few days, as we no longer have a regular mail person for our street. It is aggravating.
I just don't like someone trying to get into my stuff. Up to no good.
It is a good day to work outside. Spent the morning out, and getting ready to go back out. So much to do - dang, everything looks overgrown after the rain.
I have been thinking of you with all this rain. Water is so destructive. I would have so much fun with all those kittens. I am jealous.
ReplyDelete