Thursday, August 20, 2026

Plans for the Weekend?

 Howdy all.  Hope you are safe and well.  If you haven't yet this week, please check in.  I miss hearing from all you regulars and need to know you are ok.  I am worried considering all the weather events this past week or so.
It is a gray morning, and damp.  We got a big rain over night, not needed, but we got it anyway! Just a little water out back this morning.
I am glad I got a ton of the yard work done the past couple days.  It was harder work than normal, because everything had just grown so much in the past week!  It was tough mowing, and then it took raking and blowing as well - do to the clumping.  The weed whacker just wears me out as well.
Fortunate, I can still do it all.  
Please note:  I don't mean to sound gripey - so many have such huge worries right now, and this for me is nothing in comparrsion.

So what kind of plans do you all have for the weekend?  Going to be on the go?  Farm markets?  Canning?  Yard work?  Playing?
Whatever you do, I hope it is the best.
I may end up mowing again by Sunday, just to keep a handle on things.  This rain has just been something for making the grass and weeds grow.  I don't want to be in achy mode I am now, again in a few days!  Dang things I didn't even realize I had, hurts!!!!!!  LOL

I think I will make a version of this as well.
It just sounds so good to me.  I love all kinds of salads, but especially those that last for a few days.  I will be making with cans, not cups.  Super healthy sounding.

Maybe some porch sitting and reading this weekend as well.  A nice relaxing time sounds good.
Let us know what you have planned.

Please know I wish you all the best, and I truly hope none were involved in the extreme flooding or the fires.  I worry about you all.

Take care and have a fantastic day and weekend.



18 comments:

  1. We are back in the sweltering 100F days possibly breaking a record today....it was 93F when I went to bed last night 😢and still 73 this morning. I don't even feel like going for my daily walks!!!

    Stay safe y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I am sorry you are dealing with that. I stopped walks when we got in 90's and then we had rain - I need to get back at it.
      Stay in and stay cool - hopefully cooler weather isn't far off.

      Delete
  2. It's supposed to rain with perhaps some severe thunderstorms here from today through the weekend. Blessedly my creative energy is coming back since the loss of my husband in March, so I'll be spending some time in my craft room. Laundry usually gets done on the weekends as it's not peak hours. Since starting to do laundry on the weekends or after 7 pm during the week and not using the dryer my electric bill has gone down considerably. Probably will do some batch cooking as well to have extra meals in the freezer. I pray that everyone is safe. Blessings, Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie - so glad to see you post! Those nasty rain storms are a booger for sure.
      Glad to hear that you are getting back into your crafting. I know it has been hard for you, it is a HUGE adjustment that no one wants to have to make.
      Good idea on doing the things that take a lot of energy in the off times. I bet it has helped with the utility bill.
      Take care - you are thought of and loved.

      Delete
  3. I love making bean salads as they last for days with the vinegar included and we can eat all it all week long just about. I'm going to a senior event today to look around and after that nothing special. Just trying to stay cool in this awful heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It is just something different and high in protein and healthy. Have fun at the event and hopefully you get some good tips. Stay cool and safe.

      Delete
  4. Bean Salad is interesting stuff. It can be varied with different beans for different look and flavor, and the dressing is so easy! There's a mixed veggie dish that has the same dressing with corn, Le Seur baby peas, and french style canned green beans.

    I got a week off from work and have been so busy doing other things I've hardly sat down! :D Need to keep weeding the house, it's really too crowded in here.

    Be well, all. Hope it cools down for you heat wave people. Glad you didn't flood, Cheryl.
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you can use whatever you have and make a salad. I often call things salad, when I just have a bowl of fresh cut up veggies w/dressing. Salad to me!
      You will need a vacation after the vacation from all the work you are doing at home. Weeding never ends. Oh so much stuff to go through - I totally understand.
      Thanks - take care

      Delete
  5. We are still hanging in here. It's been a pretty hot summer. We haven't done much, we have had lots of company though. We both did have that summer crud that's been going around, but we're much better now. I must be the odd ball here I don't care for bean salad, I think it's the vinegar part I don't like. I'm glad you are not flooded. Take care of yourself you sound tired. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so bad for all of you that have had such heat this year. t least you had company - I hope that is a good thing and you got a lot of good visits in.
      Sorry you had the crud. I feel so lucky - I haven't had any illness in ages. Probably just jinxed myself!
      That probably means you don't like cukes and onions, or the cuke/onion/tomato salad with vinegar. I like the tang of it. You could cut back on the vinegar and add a bit more sugar as well.
      I never really ate bean salad until after marrying Glen. He loved all kinds of bean salads, so I had to make it - tried it and liked it.
      I am tired. It was just a busy catch up yard week - I'm getting too old for this crud!!!!! LOL
      Talk at you later.

      Delete
    2. I do like beans just not the bean salad. And I like cukes and onions but not tomatoes. It's the vinegar thing. The company was good.

      Delete
  6. This is a medical appointment week for me and I have another one on Monday. So I’m planning to just relax and do regular household upkeep and hopefully get out into the yard one day this weekend. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you take the weekend to rest and chill out! Sometimes we just all need some me time. Stay cool.

      Delete
  7. It sure is a nice day! I heard the rain last night but not sure how much we got. The windows and the backdoor are all open, which is nice to air out the house.

    The views on bean salad are interesting! I used to make a kidney bean salad with a mayo dressing. Haven't made a marinated bean salad in ages. The only beans I don't care for are wax beans or Italian beans. Also have made the marinated salad that Miss MaryB mentioned. It's hard to find the petite corn these days. I have a whole chicken in the slow cooker that the recipe says it will taste like a rotisserie chicken. We shall see.

    Need to get busy. Have lollygagged long enough... See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks to have rained a lot - a couple inches at least. My house is open today as well. It is lovely.
      I find it interesting as well. I made the red bean salad for Glen that had mayo. I like the vinegar taste on most things.
      The chicken sounds good. Good luck.
      I plan on piddling today.

      Delete
  8. I hear you on the rain and lawn. I skipped weed wacking today. Plans for the weekend are that Smoochie Face has Friday off and we are gonna go see and early movie at the movie house in the morning. I also wanna get boxes and give some kitchen tools away. Though that might be a next week thing. And lastly, bagel dough is fermenting in the fridge along with pizza dough. LOVE bean salad. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell if you skip something, it will grow with a vengeance!
      Have fun at the movie - sounds nice. Mmmmm homemade bagels - yum!
      Enjoy yourself.

      Delete
  9. Cheryl, after all the work, I think you’ve definitely earned a weekend of porch sitting and reading! Happy weekend to you x

    ReplyDelete