Hello to all this morning. Another lovely morning. I hope this is finding you all well and safe. Thank you for stopping by. Goodness, here we are halfway through another month!!! How in the world did that happen??
It is supposed to get back up to about 90*F today - still have a few of those left. Predicting 90* for most of the week. Nothing cold in the near outlook. I am not going to complain anymore - it sure beats snow and cold.
Monday was a fantastic day - it never got out of the upper 70's and it was sunny. Allowed for much outdoor work to get done. It felt so good to get things done, and it all looked so pretty afterwards. I was filthy when I came in from dust (it is so dry), but I don't think I ever got sweaty.
It appears a week in - Blogger still isn't updating!!! This really is aggravating. I know it affects us all. Just keep checking in - you know our days!
Today I will share some foody ideas, that were super easy to make and used what I had on hand, and then some fun kitty and other pics.
Quick and easy - summer sausage on top of creamed cheese and flatbread. Fresh cut up veggies. This made an easy meal and it sure was filling. Had meat, dairy, bread, veggies and apple later on in the day!Flatbread w/cream cheese and cheddar, sprinkled w/crumbled bacon, pepper slices, a cooked burger, tomatoes and more cheddar and then heated in air fryer.
You could do the same on a pizza crust or even a crusty bread. Use what you have and like and make a meal of it.
(My new dishes!)
Was craving mashed potatoes - and decided to fancy them up some. I actually used up some instant potatoes I had to make mashed - with ranch flavoring added and sour cream. After they were ready, I added some cheese into potatoes and then topped with bacon and more cheese and heated in air fryer until golden on top. Used a couple of mini loaf pans I had around. They were sooooo good and made more than 2 meals worth. It was a nice cheat and a nice bite.I watched her get down and she just backed down. Needless to say - the squirrels weren't too pleased with her in their tree.
Not the clearest pic (taken through the screen). Patches and Dusty wanted to 'play' with the squirrel!They do chase each other around the yard - never harming. The same can't be said for birdies - they do get a bird now and then.
They sure have a lot of animals to deal with out there!
You should hear the kitty chorus every morning and evening when the kitties are going to get wet food. It is so cute and they are all yelling until they get that food. They have dry food out all day - and eat - but they know when it is time for wet food. They are waiting on me every time!!!!!
There are spider webs all around here. It seems everywhere I go - there is another one. Not all this big.
Just a bit of this and that today. Something yummy for the belly and something fun with nature.
I hope you have a wonderful day ahead.
That is a hug spider web! Yeah, not fun walking into one of those. The pictures of the kitties, doing their thing, are so cute.
ReplyDeleteYesterday was perfect! So happy to have a cooler day. The summer has been brutal on a lot of people, whether heat, storms, or excess rain. It's like a bad dream that continues night after night.
Your meals are the right size. We use all sizes of tortillas for different things. The larger ones make a dandy pizza. Five course meals are out for us. Too much food. We have brussels sprouts ready so I will roast some of them with asparagus as a side with our fish for lunch. There's enough leftover Harvard beets to share. This is our main meal of the day.
Off to pick up some lumber for a project the Farmer wants to tackle.
It is huge - it would give me the heeby jeeby's if I walked into it.
DeleteThe cats are such a hoot. They play early and late - sleep most of the day.
Yesterday was 100% perfection. This morning is nice, but that won't last long.
They sure are plenty for me - I basically eat once a day too - and then a little snack later on. I like different size tortillas too - for different things. Lunch sounds good. Having fish here today as well.
Have fun with the project!
Ewww...I'm a scaredy cat around spiders. I would definitely have a heart attack if one dropped on me.
ReplyDeleteI swear cats have an internal clock especially when it comes to food. Ours get fed around 6 a.m. and they start circling about 10 minutes ahead of time. :)
Simple meals are often the most tasty.
I don't want a spider on me - but leave them be when I can - they do a lot of good.
DeleteYES, cats have a clock - they know exactly when breakfast and dinner is, and they are at the backdoor! Bits knows too - he is my alarm clock.
I like thinks nice and simple. Don't need anything fancy here, just a nice well-rounded fill me up!!
Your flatbread and potato dishes look delicious, Cheryl! I’m glad that Pip was able to get down from that tree. The kitties are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI had three bunnies in the yard a few mornings ago. I often see one, maybe two, in the early evening. I love them! On an unhappier wildlife visit, I had a very long black snake in my garage about 10 days ago. It looked about 24”. I screamed. It slithered under my dad’s workbench against the wall and I couldn’t see it. I had been going in and out of the side garage door but I opened the big main garage door in hopes it would go out. I haven’t seen it so fingers crossed. Barbara M.
P.S. I like your new dishes. Pretty design.
DeleteBunnies are so sweet. Oh my gosh, you would have heard me scream all the down there had I seen a snake. I can't stand snakes! They just creep me out - don't care what kind it is.
DeleteThanks - I thought they were pretty!
I love those big writing spider webs, especially around Halloween.
ReplyDeleteWe do not have a cat, but one of our neighbors cats has claimed our backyard as his hunting ground. Before he came along we were overrun with chipmunks. We still have some just not as many, however he satisfies his instincts with them and leaves the birds alone.
They really are good for the environment - but I sure don't want to walk into one! Seems this time of the year, there are spiderwebs all over the place.
DeleteWell, at least it gets chipmunks and not the birdies. Too many chipmunks can be a problem - so hopefully it helps with population control!
The spiders know that Autumn is here despite the crazy weather we have all had this year. I had to look writing spiders up as I hadn't heard of them before. Wow! They are very striking beasties! Are they something that your cats bother with or does the yellow and black 'keep away, I'm dangerous' colours put them off?
ReplyDeleteI love your meal ideas. They all look very appetising.
Blogger is very annoying at the moment. I hope it gets fixed soon.
It does seem nature knows the seasons, whether we see a change or not. They leave them alone - not sure why. They are quite striking in appearance. I remember seeing them as a child too. Usually at the end of the porch.
DeleteThanks - I like simple meals, especially in the summer months. I am good as long as I am full.
YES MAM - it is annoying to the max! I sure wish they would get it together.
Oh your pictures are wonderful. The potato and the flatbread look so yummy! Great kitty pics, and that spider is something else. I don't want to run into the web but anything that will catch and eat mosquitoes is my friend. :)
ReplyDeleteMaryB