Thursday, August 6, 2026

Accomplishing Feels Good - Like Finding Money!

 Hello and welcome to all.  Hope everyone is well.  I sure appreciate you taking a moment out of your days to stop here and visit for a bit.  It means a lot.
It is a nice morning here.  A bit more humid than it has been for a few days, a little cloudy, chance of light rain - but here we are!!!!  We are alive and getting to experience another day.
I am tired this morning, and sure thought it would feel nice to stay in that bed a little longer - but there were mouths to feed!

LOL - who hasn't heard almost all of these in some part at some point in your life?  I sure have - and many I still say.  All pretty good advice in my book!

I have kept fairly busy this week so far.  I have had a lot of projects that I have been wanting to accomplish and by dingy I started on them FINALLY!
I have spent a good amount of time working on the pantry and the deep pantry.  I went through some totes and found goods I forgot I had purchased (for long term).  So, everything got rearranged and organized and sorted and jarred and categorized and cleaned..........
It sounds HUGE, but it really wasn't so bad once I got started.  It was just getting started!!
So, for now, the daily area is done and the big deep pantry are pretty much done.

I still need to do the freezers - frig and upright.  Maybe I will tackle the frig freezer today.  I also have a lot very old home canned goods - have just gotten forgotten - that as badly as I hate it, need to be emptied and the jars cleaned.

I tell you I have found out there are many dried goods and many non-food items, that I will probably never to have to buy for ages.  Goodness, being a deal shopper and an old couponer - has left me with many non-food items that will last and last.
It is now time to stay out of the grocery for the most part.  Occasional milk and cheese and of course pet food - that should do it for me. I have lots of fresh from the garden for now.
Keeping the pantries and freezers really organized is a HUGE money saver.

I also worked in the yard a lot too.  I really do feel accomplished.  But as busy as I was, I made sure to take time just for me as well.  NO naps, but I have had walks and neighbor talks, and reading and porch sitting.  Just keeps me decompressed and happy.

I have a list of so many things that need to be done around here and things I need to declutter and just need to dig into.  I truly want my home in order!  I mean it is decent now, and it always looks cleans - but you know what I mean.  So much that we put off and just avoid and need to get rid of.  We all know the old saying "out of sight out of mind" - YEP!!!!!!

I hope you have all had a good week so far and wishing you a good weekend.  Get up today and do something that you have put off (no matter how small or large) - it will feel good to have it done!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

 

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Cheryl. My daughter in love organized my pantry when she was here. It looks great, but I need to tweak it a little for my own comfort. Porch sitting sounds like something I need to start doing more of… maybe the neighbors will come out. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of her, but yes, you want it where you want it!!! Tweaking can help you feel more comfortable with it.
      Set and they will come!!!! True story. I didn't know any neighbors except the side ones for years. Then I started porch sitting, and it was kind of like they came out of the woodwork and found me. Lots of new friends because of it. Give a try for a bit!!!

      Delete
  2. Good morning!

    I tell my grandson how got it feels to get things straightened. Hahaha I hope it rubs off on him!

    Starting is the hard part! I usually tell myself I'll do it for 10-15 minutes but of course I go longer once I start and then I finish it.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always looks and feels better after a project is done. 100%!
      You betcha, starting is my problem!! I always feel I need to be motivated, but I am all I have to motivate me. So, I have just gotten up and done it. I say the same - but usually finish the task at hand in one setting.
      It does feel good.

      Delete
  3. You are one busy beaver. It does feel good to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. I love accomplishing things that I have put off for a while.

      Delete
  4. I understand the out of sight, out of mind. My closet, though small, needs a good tidy and sorting out. I have a bad habit of just tossing things in there ...to get them out of sight. Maybe I'll tackle that on the next rainy day. :)
    I had rearranged our pantry this spring, and it finally made sense to both my daughter and I. We're finding it much easier to see what we have and identify what we need. Sadly, prices keep rising so the grocery bill hasn't gone down much. But we are eating lettuce, peas, and cucumbers out of the garden so saving a little there.
    Good luck with your continued de-cluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the closet!!! I do that as well. That is what happened in the pantry too. And the freezer! Oh the story of my life - glad I am not the only one.
      We still have some decent prices around here - especially with clearance stuff and sales. i don't think I need to shop in a good while.
      Enjoy that fresh produce.

      Delete
  5. Way to go Cheryl!! It does feel so good to get items checked off our list. I will be starting my Fall cleaning in the next week or so and hopefully have it all done by the middle of September. Hopefully. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels great. Big or little things - it just makes me feel I did something important. It all helps. Gosh, it is that time again for fall cleaning.

      Delete
  6. I think I heard all of those sayings growing up. Like a lot of kids I wondered how me eating up all of my dinner would make any difference to kids who didn't have any dinner. I did cotton onto "We'll see" being another way of saying "no" early on though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, daddy used to tell me there were starving children too. One time I said he could send my dinner - cause I really wasn't a fan that night. That went over like a led balloon!!!!
      You are so right - it meant no, just about every time.

      Delete
  7. Pinned your poster to my Quotes board on Pinterest. Cute graphics!

    It sure feels good to have things in order, toss the unnecessary, see what gaps need to be filled. We need to eat the freezers down, use the oldest, which is still good.

    Pretty nice day, even though cloudy. The prediction is for rain but who knows...

    Enjoy your weekend! See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute.
      It does feel good and just knowing what you have that can be used and then using it - saves so much money.
      It is nice - I kind of bet no rain, even though they predicted for today. See ya later!

      Delete