Thursday, August 27, 2026

Peace and Joy are All We Want

 Good morning my lovelies!  So happy to be here, and happy to have you here.  Hope all are well.
It is another pretty morning here, cool and sunny.  Everything is still wet - we had a rain last evening around dinner time.  It looked and sounded nasty - but we just got a nice rain.  Actually, I was outside for most of it - shielded by the tree for some of it.  Kitties were eating.  I love standing out in the rain!  We have so few it seems anymore, that are just soft nice rains that you can stand in (the child in me). Summertime is coming back this weekend and next week with a vengeance - going back to 90's!  I guess that is how we will start September.  Better than snow - just saying!!!!!!!

I think I am making a few of these this year for gifts.  I think it is so sweet, and I will make them memory pillows.  So easy.
HOME - that special place.

Today is just a bit about each person here, and that stops by here for maybe a visit.  I want this to be a safe place for everyone, and I try very hard to keep it that way.  I want each person to feel loved.  We may not have met in person and only know each other in the virtual world - I think of so many of you as family and great friends.  I pray for everyone and I keep you in thought when you are going through things.
We have no idea what some people are going through - NONE!  People can be lonely; they can be sad or ill or depressed or filled with worry.  Life has a way of knocking us down from time to time, and hopefully we can be here to help pick each other back up!
After all, that is all we can do in this world be there for others and do good.

                                                        Isn't this what we all want?
Please know that we all (no matter where we live) want the same thing in the long run - peace and joy in life.  Good things happen and bad things happen, and we have to deal with them all - never give up.  There is always hope and there is always someone out there that loves you (even if you don't know them).
We overcome a lot in this life - even when we think we can't.  It takes time and sometimes work - but it is doable.
Just know that YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

I know that there are several of you that have started a new season in life, that you really weren't ready for.  Several of us have as well.  Sadly, it is just part of life, and we have to be strong and move forward.  Know there are others here, that will help you through the journey, if needed.

I wish you all a great day and a lovely weekend.
Whatever you do - SMILE and just enjoy the moments.
 ðŸ’–💖💖

13 comments:

  1. Good morning, Loving your post this morning. I love the pillow! We had a neighbor from down the road a piece come by last night and got some tomatoes from us. When his figs are ripe he will bring me some. I'm excited about that! Maybe a few persimmons a little bit later on. We are headed out this morning to have breakfast with some friends. Sometimes life is just too busy for me, but if I stay home I still don't get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning!!! Thanks.
      How nice to be able to barter! That is fun. Persimmons - sound good. Mom used to be persimmon pudding, when I was younger and she made persimmon cookies. You don't hear much about them anymore.
      Have a lovely breakfast and a good time. I stay home a lot - and yep, there are days that not much gets done. That is OK. Life is good. Have a lovely time!

      Delete
  2. Interesting times. My property tax bill arrived, and it is considerably higher than last year, and they warn us next year will be almost double.. It's due to that hurricane in 2024 and the revaluation of property and rates which got all tangled up in the legislature until last month.
    To top this off, it looks like my job is on hiatus - and I've no idea when it might come back. The message was "we'll call you if we need you". Hmm. I think they owe me a paycheck, and I hope to collect that some time soon.
    But being home has advantages and I can concentrate on those: less travel (gas), more house weeding, more rest, more cleaning and organizing - the place is such a mess.
    Thank heaven for saving accounts and living below my income. :)
    Blessings to y'all.
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awful that taxes have gone up so much. I think major events get things all messed up for a while - hopefully it manages to get straightened out. Dang gal, your job too?
      So very sorry. Can you maybe apply for unemployment benefits? You would think they could be a little nicer and at least give an explanation and a wee bit of notice.
      I learned years ago, I do save more money when not working. A whole lot less fuel, less shopping (or needing things), more cooking and YES more cleaning and sorting. I hope you get that check soon.
      You can do this - God gives us no more than we can handle.
      Best of luck with it all! Take care of you for a while!

      Delete
    2. Mary, I’m sorry about your job and the property taxes. As Cheryl said, apply for unemployment as soon as possible - and make sure your employer gives you that last paycheck! The hurricanes wreaked havoc in my area, too (Tampa Bay). Good luck. Barbara M.

      Delete
  3. A most encouraging post! The pillow is fabulous! I have cross-stitched "A true friend is the rarest of life's blessings" on fabric and then stitched it to a pillow. Handmade gifts are priceless.

    It is lovely this morning. We were surprised to hear the little storm come through last evening. Only got about a half inch of rain. Sunday looks (at this point) to be a rainy day.

    Enjoy your weekend! See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I love the picture of the pillow and it will be an easy make. I think homemade is fabulous, but I know some think cheap. Well, they aren't on my list!!!!! LOL
      It was a nice rain here, I heard thunder, but we got nothing bad and no wind. Enough to water things.
      Thank you and you too.

      Delete
  4. You do a wonderful job of creating this safe and loving space. I look forward to your posts each morning. Blessings and gratitude to you and for you. Lynn, Pecos, NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, that makes me feel good. I do want this to be a safe place and a caring place. I try. Glad to have you here.

      Delete
  5. I struggle with depression. Yesterday was a rough day. I have a lot to be thankful for, I know. On Monday I saw the doctor who saved my life four years ago and he said I was doing well. Primary care doctor last week said the same. Working in the yard is my therapy but this summer I have really struggled with the heat and humidity. Still, I like to get out there even though I’m a mess when I come inside and have to immediately jump in the shower. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people I know suffer with depression. I know I have at times. Life seems to get ahold of people at times, and well, they suffer. I am sorry you go through that. Glad the doctors gave you good check-ups. I think you manage with the exercise you get, and that is huge. We can always make an excuse to NOT do something and sit, but getting up and moving makes a difference. You take care and if you need other help - get it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

      Delete
  6. Hey Cheryl! It’s Sharon from Rivercrest Cottage blog. I agree with your lovely post today. It has been a while since I’ve visited. Will be blogging again soon if I can figure out how to post again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - so glad to have you stop by. Thank you.
      I hope you get back into blogging - it can be a little work, but I find it so rewarding to connect with so many different people.
      Stop by more often. Let us know when you are up and blogging!!!

      Delete