Good morning all - and happy Wednesday. Hoping you are all well and safe. Please know that I think of all of you that don't stop by often. Wishing you all well.
It is a cool morning here - 52*F at 6AM. Looks to get to 80* or above today and dry. All good with me. Yesterday was another day of perfection weatherwise - it was so beautiful.
When out feeding the cats, I noticed smoke coming from a neighbor's chimney! He is in his 90's and kind of frail - so he must have been chilly! My house was 72* this morning. Still haven't turned on the furnace.
I understand some of our northern neighbors will be getting snow this weekend. YIKES! That is a nasty four-letter word in my book!!!
I recently saw someone on one of the FB groups I belong too, post a recipe I just had to share. She said she really likes good tasting chocolate and says it has gotten so pricey, that she decided to try something different.
She said this is wonderful. It is something I will definitely try, as I have everything here to make it! Pretty simple and saves a trip to the store.I really like all kinds of patties and burgers - made from lots of things. I love a good hamburger, I have made tuna and chicken patties and I like a combo of beef/pork or even ground turkey made into burgers. I also like potato cakes and veggie fritters as well - they could all be made into a sandwich if one chose to.
I have made bean burgers as well. Very tasty and easy and uses what you have.
It sure is worth giving it a try.
It is easy to halve the recipe. 1 can - and a little lesser on other items, still using 1 egg. Use whatever beans you have - or homemade beans. Remember 1 can is about 15 oz. - close to 2 cups. You know that to me, close counts!!!!!
I have made these with black beans and with red beans and they are really very good.
Just a couple of fun things to make at home, when you might be out of other things. I love knowing how to make things differently. I love the chocolate bar idea - that could be made into all kinds of shapes and moulds.
Here is a notice I saw yesterday - also something GOOD to know if you are around an Aldi!!!!!
Nice!!!!! October sounds like the month to stock up at Aldi! I will be going and looking around at some point soon. It has been a while since I have gone in.Well, you know we are all about stretching our dollars and saving when we can around here! I want to help as many folks as will listen.
Sometimes we talk recipes, sometimes finance, and sometimes just caring and loving. Hopefully it all makes a difference for someone.
Have a great day and be sure to SMILE today!




That is the exact recipe I use for making chocolate candies. A touch of flaked salt on top and it is really good. I've made chocolate covered peanut butter stuffed dates, 'Reese's' peanut butter cups and a few others. A lot of American candy companies are using bioengineered chocolate and I won't eat that.
ReplyDeleteThank you for verifying it is good! Yes, this is good chocolate, not all the added stuff. Great ideas for using it in other applications. Thank you !!!!!!!
DeleteGood morning, That candy recipe sounds good. I might have to try it too. I won't eat the Reese's PB cups any more cause they do taste funny, that bioengineered chocolate seems greasy. One of the local stores is running it's case sale, I intend on shopping this week. It's still hot here, cooler weather is on the way this weekend.
ReplyDeleteMorning lady!!!!! I know I will be making it. You are right about Reese's cups - I tried one a while back, and it wasn't the same. I like things with as few of ingredients as possible!
DeleteHave fun at the case sale - that would be great. Get stocked up while you can, and prices are lower. Hope you cool a bit soon.
The variety of topics covered in your blog posts are always helpful and useful. It is lovely out this morning. We took our tea out to the sukkah this morning and enjoyed the sun and light breeze. The Farmer placed the smaller fig trees in pots around the edge and it looks really nice.
ReplyDeleteBack in our vegetarian days, we ate a lot of burgers made from beans. I still like an all veg meal but the Farmer likes an animal protein.
I avoid most chocolate unless I know it is quality. Reese's used to be good but the chocolate is horrible. Costco has some that come in a bag, dark chocolate and they are wonderful. You can really taste the chocolate.
Enjoy this beautiful fall day! We will eat our lunch in the sukkah.
Thank you - that makes me feel good.
DeleteSounds like a lovely way to spend the morning!
Glen even liked the bean burgers - you can jazz them up any way you want really. I do them sometimes for myself, like using lentils in tacos sometimes.
I don't do a lot of chocolate, but I like it to taste good. Candy bars are no longer much in my taste.
Thanks - windows open and fresh air filling the house here.
I see some places may see snow this weekend, but thus far our forecast has none. I like it that way!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you aren't. Jackie said they were predicted snow for several days over the weekend into your holiday. YUCK!
DeleteHope it holds off in your area.
I love that chocolate recipe. Sometimes I use real maple syrup instead of honey and it's delicious as well... I love bean burgers too and use rolled oats instead of bread crumbs to make them gluten free and 1/3 cup homemade barbeque sauce for the liquid. Often I will add caramelized onions to them. So many things we can do with what we have. Cookie
ReplyDeleteGreat helpful tip on the chocolate. Ooohhh, good idea to use oats instead of crumbs. The BBQ sauce sounds good too.
DeleteThank you for all the great ideas. SO helpful to us all.
Glad to see you post - hope all is well.
Things do change and often I can't tell why, except to guess that it is cheaper for the manufacturer. DD requested a Pistachio Bundt Cake with choclate glaze for her birthday, so I dug out the recipe and bundt pan (just to make sure I still had it) and checked all the ingredients. I see cake mix is different now - so my Pistachio Cake recipe is out of date. New mix only uses 3 eggs, to cook for 35 minutes - the old recipe used 4 eggs to cook for 50+ minutes. Went online to cake mix maker and found one comment complaining about the same thing, with some automated answer saying how sorry they were that the mix was a disapointment - an AI response?
ReplyDeleteHumph. Well, when I make this thing I'll have to wing it, won't I. Tiresome. At least I know I have all the pieces! :D
But today is gorgeous, blue sky, sun, warm temps, cool nights. :) Love this season. I will for sure take a walk. I doubt we'll have that many more such days before Winter.
MaryB
I have noticed most of the mixes are less in weight now - so that may be the reason. It will be wonderful, as you have the knowledge to wing it well!
DeleteIt is gorgeous here as well. I was looking at the rest of the month and it looks like we will have a lovely month actually. Nothing cold here predicted until in November.
ENJOY
I wish we had an Aldi here. I loved the one that was right down from Sissies' house in DC.
ReplyDeleteThey have some super good prices. I love buying cheese there - it is always less expensive. They have the best fresh pizzas, and so reasonable in price.
DeleteSometimes we get snow in September. None this year yet. I am a HUGE Aldi fan and shopper. LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am a huge non-lover of snow! Never is too soon for me.
DeleteAldi has some absolutely wonderful items and prices! Now you can save more dollars this month!
I don't even go to Walmart because I don't like them AND I have ALDI. Woohoo!
DeleteI am not a fan either.
DeleteI’ve been on the lookout for black bean burgers at the store but hadn’t seen any. Thanks for the recipe - it sounds good to me!
ReplyDeleteStay well and give your fur babies my love 😍
Mary
There ya go! I bet they will be cheaper to make as well. Pretty easy as well. I am glad I posted it today! You can change it up as you wish as well.
DeleteThank you - we always have a play session each night. I spend lots of time with them!
Cheryl, thanks for posting the recipe. I think I would like them but hubs doesn’t like black beans. Do you think 🤔 you could freeze them?
ReplyDeleteI’m a regular reader but don’t comment much. I love it. Thanks for all you do Cheryl.. Sue in MN