Sunday, September 6, 2026

Weekly Wrap Up 9/6

Happy Sunday to all.  Happy Labor Day weekend to all that celebrate.  So happy you are here, and I hope you are all well.  Hard to believe that we are almost a week into September!!!!  
It is a positively lovely morning here.  69*F and humidity levels are dropping.  The sun is out, the kitties all have a full belly, and I have the AC off at the moment.
I think we have turned the corner on the extreme heat in these parts of the country.  We have a couple 90 days coming up this coming week, but it looks to be much better after that.  I saw a projected outlook, and it was a lot of 70's and dry (very dry).
We did have the hottest stretch of weather for my city for the first part of Sept. in my lifetime this week!  It was easily 95* each day - that was ACTUAL temp.

I am so glad we all seem to be past the debacle of blogger from Friday.  Golly, that was frustrating.  I thought it was just me, so I worked and worked trying to figure out the problem, then I got to looking at everyone else's blogs and the same thing - no comments after a certain time.  Boy, I hate wasting time like that. 
I had another incident earlier in the week with a flashing warning, that I had been infected and needed to renew my security, as it had expired.  Well, I knew I DIDN'T have the security company they kept saying, and MY computer said I was fully secure.  I kept trying to get rid of the flashing annoying warning and finally figured out how to block it!
I get so sick of scammers - they need to get a real job!!!!!!

My frugal week:
  • Early in week (cooler) I weeded and trimmed the raspberry area - both sides of fence
  • Lots of HARVEST of tomatoes and peppers
  • Made a nice bowl of bean salad
  • Cut up a couple old, beyond repair t-shirts for rags
  • Mowed the front grass and trimmed on Monday - back didn't get done this week
  • Laundry using dehumidifier water
  • I have been keeping the little yogurt cups I have been eating - figure there has to be a use.  Maybe frozen treats
  • I made a small batch of sweet banana pepper relish (nummy)
  • Pulled weeds and deadheaded flowers out front in early mornings
  • Using the rain barrels and the soaker this week for watering
  • Hummingbird feed (it goes skunky quick in this heat)
  • I went to an event for high school class.  I think this was the most enjoyable I have been to.  I met many new people (after 50+) years, and it wasn't a huge gathering
  • I did run to the feed store to get supply for fall and then to Ollies around the corner.  I did buy myself a set of Corelle dishes - did I need? - NOPE.  I have Fiesta style dishes and they are lovely, but oh so heavy - so it is time to pass those on to someone else to enjoy.  I wanted lighter weight dishes
  • Just doing all the fall cleaning and normal stuff around the house
  • Still battling gnats - thank goodness for the Zevo - it helps a lot - but I still have plenty.  I guess once harvests are done, they will be gone
Meals this past week:
Fresh & frozen veggies w/smoked sausage - stir fry
Lasagna (helping from freezer) and salad
Bean & rice burritos
Nachos/taco salad (kind of a combo)
School event - pizza
Chicken strips, potato wedges and tomatoes
Patty sausage/egg sandwich and salad
SNACKED on fruit, yogurt, bean salad, toast

There you have it - nothing too exciting here.  
I did sit out on the porch for a couple hours yesterday morning and it was so quiet.  I would hear the hummingbirds chirp as they were approaching the feeder just a few feet in front of me, a chorus of crickets (sounds like thousands), and kids outside playing.  The traffic was minimal - it was so nice out.  I talked with a couple neighbors too - saw the young man a couple doors down w/his little girl out tending the flowers and walked down to talk to them.  Another neighbor came to mow next door and talked with him a bit.  Just a lovely cooler morning.  I really like those kind of days!

What have you been up to?  How are the gardens doing?  Any great deals this week?  I sure am missing some of you - I hope you check in and let us know you are ok.

I hope you are all well and safe and that you all have a fantastic week ahead.  
Blessings to you and yours from me at my humble little home.
****************************

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.
Jeremiah 33:3

Lord, we send up much gratitude for all the blessings that we have experienced this week - we are so very blessed.  Help us each one to know that all we need to do is call out to You and ask, and You will answer.  Our prayers are heard, and Your will be done.  Let us all be grateful and have hearts full of love, and to know that You are always there with us.  AMEN


26 comments:

  1. Goodbye August, hello September. Cucumbers, zucchini, pattipan zucchini, spaghetti squash, beets have been harvested. I'm enjoying the fresh cukes & tomatoes. Zucchini soup & pancakes are on the menu. I took a friend to a medical appt 2 hrs away. We met up with another friend for lunch. Then off to my son's 4 hrs away where I took in a folk fest. So much good music. My DIL & granddaughters joined me one day. The oldest granddaughter will be starting her college program in recreational therapy this week. I nursed my dizzy head x 3 days this past wk. A new freezer was delivered & my neighbor helped me set it up & transfer the food. I was thankful not to have lost any of the stored food. Grass cutting is slowing down. Today I'm off to the Lakeland Rodeo Finals to watch my niece compete in the barrel racing. The neighbor little spent a morning with me; fun & laughter. In the kitchen: Italian skillet dinner; beans in the crock pot; 10c of applesauce from gifted crabapples; spaghetti squash w/ tomatoes & cheese; tzatziki; oatmeal apple muffins; pizza w/ naan bread; roast chicken. Have a good week, Cheryl & all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your garden is doing well. My zucchini gave up the ghost a bit back. Zucchini soup is so good.
      Sounds like a busy and fun week. How neat on the jazz festival. Hoe you are over the dizzy feeling. Yay, on the new freezer and help to set it up. Hope you have fun today.
      All your meals sound good!
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  2. The weather sounds lovely there, Cheryl. I'm looking forward to cooler weather too.
    Yes, scammers need to get a real job. I am so tired of dealing with them on Facebook Marketplace when I try to sell any of Dad's equipment. It's so frustrating.
    Bailey was just asking for a bean salad last night, so I'll make one this week too.
    Sounds like you had a lovely week. I love weeks like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is perfection! I am so over these super hot temps.
      Yes, scammers are a royal pain. I am sorry you have to deal with that.
      The salad was very good - so many ways to make it.
      It was nice - I love those weeks too.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. The Scripture from Jeremiah is golden! Love it! I know for a fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my prayers are heard and answered.

    It sure is lovely this morning! I still think of the folks north of us who have lost everything. Recovering from a disaster such as that would take quite a while.

    My good intentions (ahem) are to go out and weed an area in the garden that has been inaccessible because of a swarm of bees. These were not the friendly little bees that flit from plant to plant, pollinating. No sir, these were the ones with the frown on their little faces, bent on causing harm.

    Gotta be aware of scammers. We watched a program in which the pastor filming it had scammed several older people out of their money back in 2015. The man spent some time in prison for his misguided misdeeds and I pray that he has learned his lesson. We can all be forgiven. He is an excellent teacher, and should have known better.

    The Farmer brought in a big basket of tomatoes (Mr. Stripey) and we will freeze them to be used in soups, etc., even though they are yellow. We still have some peppers and I need to check the newest bed of green beans. The hot weather has not be conducive for growing veg. The Farmer planted a pepper that had the word "peach" in it (sounds innocuous, right?) and it turned out to be a ghost pepper variety. I gave a bunch to Erin, and her roommate Michelle and her friend Josh really like them. Jalapenos were not hot at all. I have a list of peppers I want for next year. Do you plan your garden months in advance? The thing about gardening is that we learn what works, what doesn't, and you get to start over.

    My printer went belly-up and I am having difficulty installing the new one. Can't figure out how to get past the error message, and hate to hire a computer tech. Grrr!

    Enjoy this beautiful day! See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know for fact He answers y prayers daily as well.
      It is just perfect out today - I have set outside so much, took a walk and picked garden and talked with neighbors already.
      Ack, ghost peppers! I can't do hot things like that - now jalapenos are fine.
      Oh no on the bees - dang things. I have big old bees on the sedum (live forever), but they don't bother you. They just hungry!
      Good luck with the printer. After my last one died, I still haven't replaced.
      Have a super week.

      Delete
  4. 105 to 110 heat index this past week. Ugh. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was pretty much our heat index as well - it was horrible. Hope you get some cooler weather this week.
      Take care and have a great week.

      Delete
  5. I'm staying inside! It's at or above a hundred and has been for weeks. I live in southern Missouri. This is not my favorite season, but this August and early September has been brutal this year. So, I'm about to go and sew for a bit. My goal is to sew my way through September. I'm making a drawstring project bag currently. Candy corn print for October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gal, I would stay inside too. That is hot. I can imagine not liking this at all.
      You sewing goal is very admirable. I need to get busy on gifts.
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  6. September is a singing month for me. There are one or two singings every weekend this month. :) It's lovely, but requires some travel and lots of food prep for pot-luck. Busy time. :)

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you will be in your element this month! I know you love the singings. It will keep you occupied with good times and good company.
      Have a special week.

      Delete
  7. Yep, we made the change to Corelle, too. I really appreciate its light weight every time I use it. We found a set of plates, salad plates, saucers and 2 platters at Goodwill for $15 a while back. I said, “Thank You, Lord!”☺️
    I’m glad your weather is cooling off nicely. We’re still at 100 here in NEOK. Looks like we’ll be getting some rain this week, tho.🎉
    We also use a Zevo to catch the little no-see-ums.
    Your pepper relish looks yummy 😋
    With their upcoming migration, the hummingbirds have really been at it. We have a total of 3 feeders out for them, bless their tiny hearts 💞
    Lord bless you and all your kitties, et al, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck the entire set weighs less than a couple plates of my other dishes! Boy, you got a deal.
      We are nice right now and have a couple 90 days this week, then much cooler again. I am ready. I hope you get rain and a cool off soon.
      Zevo really works well!
      Goodness those little babies are drinking like crazy. I sat out on the porch this morning again, and my 4 were drinking almost constantly. They are such a treasure.
      Thank you - blessings to you as well. Have a super week.

      Delete
  8. I'm thankful for the cooler weather. I'm sitting here with the windows open right now. I finally got out there and pulled a bunch of weeds. It looks so much better now. A couple of my tomato plants are still holding on and we should still get a few more tomatoes. My husband has a major dental procedure tomorrow and he will be very limited on what he can eat for a few days. I will be making tomato soup, smoothies, mashed potatoes, and puddings for him. Blessings to all of you and have a great week! Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this weather lovely? I am enjoying windows open at the moment as well - getting ready to go porch sit for a bit.
      I am glad you are still getting tomatoes. They sure are tasty.
      I hope all goes well for your hubs and that appreciates all the special 'soft' goodies you are making.
      Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  9. It’s been a productive quiet weekend at my house. I canned mandarin oranges that Aldi had on sale and a few jars of apple butter and dehydrated tomatoes on Saturday. I also made a low sugar version of recipe for Maple Pumpkin Spice Coffee syrup that turned out yummy. I’ve been sticking close to home and resting a fair amount as my healing continues. I have several crochet projects going.. to make lap afghans, plans to make a fall wreath, and a load of books to read. Through the end of the year I hope to complete some of my half finished craft projects and use up small batches of yarn in useful ways. And slowly am finishing up the pantry organizing project I started prior to surgery. I have company coming to visit in mid October so am starting to plan our menu and what groceries to purchase and am looking forward to a good visit and making nice home cooked meals to share with them. Julie V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie so glad to hear from you - I am always wondering how things are going. It sounds like you are doing well with your healing! PTL
      Sounds like you have a lot of projects that are keeping you busy - just don't overdo it.
      How nice to be planning for company, I bet you will have a ball.
      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  10. I harvested the last of my green tomatoes as we have lots of rain forecast and I didn't want them to split and spoil. I was going to put them on windowsills to ripen but my husband put in a special request for green tomato chutney, so green tomato chutney was made.
    Someone kindly gave us a lot of chillies. I have frozen some and some have been strung up and are drying in my airing cupboard.
    One other job was washing throws ready for Autumn snuggling.
    I have to admit that I am appreciating the sunshine much more than I did in the Summer now that it is interspersed with grey skies and rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the tomatoes are now done. I bet that will so tasty.
      Good going on keeping the peppers.
      I like getting things ready to fall. It is a lovely season. I agree the sun is easier to handle when it is cooler.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  11. Your pepper relish looks yummy! I just had to sign in again to Blogger, even though I've never signed out. It gave me a little trouble at first, but I think everything is ok now and I hope this comment comes through. Hope you are having a great Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had to sign in as well on Saturday - it was all messed up. I hope it is all fixed now. Thanks, it was pretty easy to make.
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  12. It was a hot week with temps in the actual 100's but this morning it seems to have really cooled off a bit. Still high 80's into 90's for most of the week but that is more tolerable.
    I'm glad you had a nice time at your reunion. It's always fun to meet new people.
    Stay cool and have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are getting cooler as well. It has been lovely here the past 2 days - but going back to 90's for a couple more days. I guess it is what it is! You stay cool.
      It was really nice - probably one of the more enjoyable gatherings so far.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  13. The blogger issue was a real nuisance. Sorry that you spent time on it; I was fortunate as I realized there was an issue reading various blogs that meantioned it.
    You had a very good week, and Saturday sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't figure it out until I wasted a lot of time. Oh well.
      It was nice and yesterday and today have been lovely.
      Have a special week.

      Delete