I have been praying for all the folks East of here that are braving the blizzard and heavy snow fall. WOW! I hope none of you are too badly affected by this. We got nothing from this storm system except a little wind - thank goodness.
We have some very frigid cold this week (car not starting cold), we had snow, wind, and some sunshine. Temperatures are going up a tiny bit today, and then into upper 30's and low 40's this week. We have been very blessed in this part of the country. Winter has been relatively mild here. Last year we got blasted with snow - so hopefully we get a reprieve this winter. Heck, spring is LESS than 60 days away!!!
This has been a VERY quiet week here on the home front. I only left the property on one day. I guess I have been 'nesting'! I did a lot of cooking which we have thoroughly enjoyed.
This week we had leftover meatloaf, homemade chicken tenders, fried green tomatoes, dirty rice with leftover meatloaf crumbled in it, home canned cabbage soup with added garlic noodles, pancakes for dinner, homemade lasagna - 2X, leftover soup with new stuff added, raspberry crescents and homemade butter cake.
- I took one day to run errands for the in-laws. Went to the grocery for mother-in-law and visited brother-in-law.
- Free exercise with shoveling snow again
- I needed no groceries this week at all.
- I stopped at the library and got a book on DIY Pantry recipes.
- Did a craft/sewing project for G. Made a wrist rest/ organizer for his computer table. Just used some soft gray fleece we had here.
- Spent NO money!
- Used up some old groceries in the squirrel cookies (which they are enjoying)
As you can see it was quiet here. I have been enjoying cooking some things that I don't often fix. I may do that again this coming week too. I have just been trying to get creative with what we have on hand. Sometimes I just get bored fixing the same old stuff!
What was your week like?
Blessings and frugal wishes for your coming week.