Can you believe that August is virtually over? This summer has just flown by. The holidays will be here before we know it.
Has anyone done anything extra frugal this week? I pretty much do all the same things each and every week, which to some may seem weird, but my lifestyle is just normal to me. Frugal is just a state of mind and a way of life.
- I did thoroughly clean out the frig and the frig's freezer. I found several items in the freezer that I had forgotten about
- Not necessarily frugal - but I gave the stove a tremendously good cleaning. Getting ready for the fall and winter
- I did a major stock up at Aldi this week. Used a $5 off coupon for entire purchase, and probably spent half of what I would have at another store
- I made an apple/zucchini crisp. I only had 2 apples, so I added sliced zucchini to the mix. It was so yummy. Couldn't tell the difference between the apples and the zucchini
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair with supplies from home
- Cleaned out and re-organized the pantry. Things are much easier to find and use.
- Still doing some garden picking and still picking grapes.
- No AC for 5 1/2 days! The heat is back, so it looks like AC will be in use for at least the next week.
- I bought gas for the Blazer this week at a good price. First gas purchase in 7 weeks
- Still using gasoline I bought last fall for mowing. I will have enough to finish up this year
I have heard from some sources that this winter is going to be bad, when others say not so much. I have always heard that white wooly worms are a sign of a mild winter - well I have seen a ton of them around here. Here's hoping!!
We have tons of spiders and spider webs every where - does that mean something? (other than we have tons of spiders.) Haha
Well kiddos, I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week.
Let us know what you are up to.