I have been remiss again this week in keeping up with posting. It seems I have been busy going to rehab and working around the house.
When I go to the rehab to see my brother, it takes up at least half of the day. Progress is slow and steady! We do see gradual improvements.
I did take advantage of some nice weather to get a lot of yard work done. Oh my I was way behind. I still am. I have plans on spending today in the yard again. It seems that all of a sudden things have started to thrive - weeds included!
Frugal this week:
- I made up 10 hanging baskets and planters myself, instead of buying them ready made. That was a huge savings.
- I made more seed blocks (like suet) for the birds. They are thoroughly enjoying them!
- Made homemade hummingbird nectar and cleaned and refilled the feeders.
- Made flavored coffee a couple times this week for G. Mixed in my own flavoring
- All meals from home
- We did order pizza one night from a new place. It was much cheaper than traditional pizza shops, FREE delivery, it was HUGE and thick with toppings. Usually we get a meal with a piece or 2 left - we got 2 meals each and lunch from this pizza. It was wonderful!
- Picked more flowers for bouquets
- Made homemade banana bread
- Have gotten to have the windows open a lot, and sleeping with bedroom window the past couple nights. I LOVE THAT! I like a cool bedroom.
- I only bought milk and some ice cream this week. Ice cream was on a super sale. I haven't bought much in the way of groceries in over a month.
- I cleaned out the garden area. WOW what a job. It was full of weeds from about 4" - 12". I had to pull or dig them all out. Then I got to spread 1/2 truck of manure on the garden. Talk about FREE exercise! I could hardly move that night - boy am I out of shape.
Our meals were pretty easy all week. We had chili over rice, taco salad, chili-mac made with leftover chili, tuna casserole and salad, ordered pizza (ate 2 nights), and loaded baked potatoes. I made a large loaf of banana bread and made some homemade grilled fruit pies (with bread & pie filling).
I am sure going to be embracing and loving the warm weather and the sunshine the next few days. We haven't had a lot of either this spring.
How was your week? Did you get any deals or do any projects that saved you money? How is your garden growing? Hope to hear from you all.
God bless you all, my friends. May your week be safe and healthy and prosperous.