My week was a bit of ups and downs.
On Tuesday (our coolest day of the week) I went out to mow and do some yard work. Well, I ended up with a bad case of heat exhaustion. I did not feel back to 'normal' till Saturday.
It was really an awful feeling. I felt sick at my tummy, light headed, forgetful, and just plain tired. I really felt like I had a "bad hangover" for days. I did not like that feeling.
But even with feeling bad, life had to go on. I still did my usual stuff, and my sister and I had to accompany our brother Ron to his cancer doctor, so he could get his monthly shot (he had missed 2). That was quite the ordeal. It took a total of about 4 hours, and this was Wednesday (so not feeling well). Mentioning Ron, we are all getting frustrated, as he seems to have quit trying. We are all on a mission to get him home - it seems more than he is. I am at my wits end - just don't know what to do anymore.
Sorry, I digressed. Back to all things frugal!
- I made up and used chemical free pest control for lettuce, cabbage and broccoli (1/2 and 1/2 baking soda and flour)
- Picked more lettuce and my FIRST cucumber!!!!! Also getting green onions
- Refilled all my seasoning and spice jars in the kitchen from the bulk containers I have.
- Had a MAJOR house cleaning day at the first of the week
- Dried oregano, rosemary, thyme, and more mint from the garden
- I did make it to Fresh Thyme market for double dip Thursday (you get both weeks sales). I got brown eggs for .58/dozen. peaches (.77/lb.), seedless watermelon (2.88), and 6 fruit mangos (3/$1)
- We were gifted 4 large jalapeno smoked sausages to try
- Laundry in cold (and used dehumidifier water) and line dried
- Filled my gas tank and got a .30/gallon discount making gas 1.86/gallon
- After going to rehab visit Saturday, I stopped at one yard sale and at the church thrift store. I got 2 wrist supports ($1 ea.) and a pair of jeans (.25) and 2 loaves of bread (FREE).
- I stopped at Kroger to get milk on sale for 1.49/gal. and of course looked at clearance/closeouts. I found 3 containers chocolate/marshmallow frosting (2018) for .68 each, 2 bags of white chocolate macadamia nut cookie mix for .78 ea. (12/2017), and 2 bags of craisins (2018) for .63 ea. All went into downstairs pantry for future use!
Meals this week: 2015 garden green beans with small potatoes and ham steaks, leftover beans/boiled eggs/crispy chicken strips, grilled cheese sandwiches and salsa and chips, hamburgers and fries, homemade egg salad sandwiches and a side salad, fried chicken and a salad (2X).
Treats were: finished the cheesecake made last week, peaches from the freezer, watermelon, nuts
Hopefully our temps will go down in a couple days to the low 80's. We had rain a couple times this week, so I only had to water my pots (with collected rain water). It has been so hot!!!! Heat indexes have been at least 100*+ and the humidity has been crazy. One day humidity level was 84% according to the news.
My outdoor kitties (and squirrels and birds) have plenty of water bowls around, and I change the water regularly. They have shade and just lay around trying to stay cool. Momma kitty is shedding something awful! Her fur is so thick, so I am glad to see her lose some of it.
What was your week like? Are you doing well surviving the heat and staying cool? Are you getting garden produce yet? Tell us your frugal finds!
I just love hearing from others, and I know other readers enjoy seeing what everyone is up to. It's really fun for everyone.
Have a wonderful and safe week my friends. May the Lord bless you in every way.
Wishing you happiness and peace.