HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!
This week has been a little quiet around here. I did get a couple good finds. We worked around the house and yard some.
Amazingly, for this time of the year, we have had some wonderful weather this week. It started out really hot, then cooled right down. We haven't had the AC on (except for a couple hours) since Wednesday. Sleeping at night with the windows open has been lovely.
Today our highs are to be in the 60's and it is raining! Give it a couple days and we will be back to upper 80's and 90. I am not looking forward to 90 at all.
The garden is doing well. Slowly starting to get more harvest. I give it a few weeks and I will be a canning fool! I can't wait.
Saw something unusual for our area today. The neighbor was mowing, and there was a bird that seemed to be going crazy. I thought maybe it had a nest close by - but it was a swallow! It was collecting bugs as they mowed. I have never seen one in the city before. it was really cool to watch.
This weeks frugal ways;
- Made a new bottle of Febreeze
- Laundry in cold and line dried
- We were gifted a 2 lb. bag of spicy trail mix. G is loving it!
- Mowed, weeded, and did lots of yard work (free exercise)
- G did some maintenance work on my little tiller. Should be working perfectly again
- Cut G's and my hair at home
- With G holding the ladder - I lopped/trimmed several low branches from our trees
- Got a great deal on fish for the freezer. Kroger had a sale on whiting fillets - 2 lb. bags - USA - for 2/$5!!! They were originally 11.99 a bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO way would I have spent that - but the savings I gained on buying 12 bags was $113.88!! WOOHOO! We now have 24 lbs. of fish in the freezer.
- Also got 2 - 5 lb. bags of Martha white flour on clearance for 1.49 each. Originally was 2.99.
- Picked more lettuce, another cucumber, and the first 2 yellow squash
- AC off much of the week, and enjoying fresh air
- All meals from scratch
Meals this week: Mac n cheese with hot sausage and salad, stir fry veggies and chicken served over rice, ham and cheese roll-ups and leftover mac n cheese, chicken strips, mashed potatoes and wilted lettuce (YUM), loaded baked potatoes, stuffed pepper skillet dinner
Snacks: trail mix, fresh fruit, nuts, popcorn, fruit smoothies
How was your week?
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend with family and friends.
Hope to hear from you all this week.
Blessings to all.