Time flies when you are having fun!
What a weather week we have had. It started out frigid, and by Thursday we had 60*. It melted all the snow and it was great seeing green grass for ONE day! Within hours the temperature dropped 40*, and we had rain, ice, sleet and snow again! Oh boy!
All the snow has been shoveled for now. More snow coming in tonight and frigid again. Next weekend is supposed to get close to 50* Crazy weather.
I was out back this week after the ice and snow feeding the birds and squirrels, it was cold and windy and just plain yucky - YET I stood there listening! It was just wonderful listening to all the different birds singing. I stood quietly, and I heard so many different songs. It was lovely. I was then brought back to reality by the squirrels standing at my feet begging for peanuts!
We have such a variety of birds -- woodpeckers (large and small), blue jays, cardinals, juncos, finches, sparrows, nut hatches, and even pigeons and crows.
It is nice to slow down sometimes and just listen and watch - so much beauty.
It has been a quiet week around here.
My frugal week:
- I made up a double batch of Co-Co Wheats for G. I bought a box of them a couple weeks ago with a GC we received as a gift. He has been wanting some for ages! Childhood here we come!
- I re-arranged the freezer and found enough room for that whole ham I got cheaply last week. That will be great around Easter.
- I mentioned last week that the garage door was broke. Well, it actually WAS frozen (to the ground)!! You could see no ice at all and the handle was moving, but not far enough. I guess I just didn't have the correct amount of strength needed!! We had called a repairman, but G's Uncle came by and got it open for us!!!!! YAY! That saved us a lot of money on a service call. YIPEE.
- I re-arranged several items in the living room, so as to be able to display recent gifts
- I ran to the feed store to get more squirrel corn. Oh what lovely corn I got this time. Huge full ears! It is sold by the bag and there is a specific number of ears. Last time the ears were short and partially full. These are lovely and will last longer.
- I stopped at the orchard while out, and got apples. They are about to close for the season and are having a B1G1 sale. No matter how many (5 lb., 10 lb., I/2 bushel). I got 2 - 10 lb. bags for eating. They will last us the rest of winter. Didn't need to can any - still have plenty canned. They ended up costing .80/lb. Pretty darn cheap around here.
- I used ALL leftovers either in chili or soup.
- Made a batch of onion dip
- I got to turn off the heat and open the doors for a while on Thursday - aired out the house
- I have made ice tea (cooled outside), filtered water, made a gallon of OJ from concentrate, used the Soda Stream, and drinking home canned juice.
- G has a rolling desk that he utilizes daily. One roller quit working - so I messed with it and greased it and got it working properly for him
- I actually started reading a book! It has been ages since I set down to do nothing but read!
Meals this past week:
Chili (2 X)
Sausage gravy/biscuits & fried potatoes
Homemade meatball hoagies
Baked fish served over beans and rice
Hamburger/veggie soup (2X)
How was your week? Are you keeping warm (those in U.S.)? Are you Aussie gals keeping cool?
Did anyone get any great deals this week? Let us know what you are doing to stay on the frugal path!
I hope you all have a lovely week, and that God blesses you with health and happiness.
Stay safe my friends.