We started with snow and cold rainy weather this week. We managed to warm up and got to almost 80* for a couple days, which was heavenly! We awoke to rain this morning, cooler temps and we have snow coming in tomorrow!!!!! Not much - but snow none the less. UGH!
Oh well - soon we will probably be complaining about the heat - LOL.
My fugal week:
- I got a chance to pull out the last quarter of the garden I didn't get done last fall.
- Picked up tons of sticks that I am saving for the neighbor, as they do backyard fire pit nights once in a while
- I did manage to get several areas of the yard cleaned up - berry patch and a couple big flower gardens
- Mowed the front grass
- Aired out the house and no heat for about 3 days
- Printed out a lot of forms for G. Getting many of our affairs organized
- Changed out the bedding from winter covers to summer
- Line dried fleece throws and bedding - YAY!
- Got my hands on 2 gallon glass jars with lids for future storage
- Pickled a quart of brussel sprouts. I used leftover pickle juice - a few jalapenos and a pound of trimmed sprouts. Simmered it all together for about 15 minutes and put in quart jar. Refrigerator type pickles - using what I had!
- Picked a bouquet of tulips and daffodils
- Made up a list for whenever I run to Rural King, Have it divided into different stores in that area - only go when I need something from several different stores in the area.
- I did run to Kroger and got a gallon of milk and 2 - .99 bags of seedless Halo type minis. That was it this week for groceries.
Meals this past week:
From scratch lasagna (small one)
Small serving of leftover lasagna and a nice salad
Sloppy Joes and roasted mix veggies (potato, carrots, onion, sprouts)
Fried pork fritters, mashed potatoes and corn
Deconstructed egg roll skillet
Burgers and fries - Burger King 2/$6 burgers (I was tired)
Philly beefsteak 'like' French bread pizza and salad
Pineapple pretzel fluff for desserts
It sure felt good getting outside this week and actually getting my hands dirty. I got scratched up working in the berry patch - but that's ok. I was outside working, which was great. I was sore, but it didn't last long - I sure did sleep good!
For now, back to doing inside things!
What have you been up to? Any good deals?
Look forward to hearing from everyone.
Prayers for health and happiness for each of you. May you be blessed with a great week.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.