It sure has turned into fall. We woke this morning to 28* - highs will be in the 50's all week.
Yesterday was really something. The sun was shining most of the day - but the wind started and got worse and worse and worse.
We had 40 mph sustained winds and 50 - 63 mph gusts. The leaves were flying all over and they are shredded! Limbs down all over. Luckily our area did not lose power, but many did and still don't have power (and it's cold out).
It is beautiful and sunny this morning, just down right chilly.
Amongst all the weather happening yesterday, a neighbor's (2 doors down) dog got in the yard (jumped the fence) and my kitties were again 20'-30' up a tree. This dog has gotten in the yard many times over the past 2 weeks and each time I take it home and have a talk with the owners. Obviously I have been talking on deaf ears. Yesterday I had had it.
I was beating on their door at 9AM (all were in bed) - and told them this was it. I was done being nice. It better stop. Came home and called our neighbor and friend (their landlord) and told him. Supposedly this will stop. We have known him for almost 33 years (G longer) and he knows I don't complain about his renters (and he has had some real winners!). We'll see.
I am so worried about the babies. They finally figured how to get down with the wind screeching all around them after 4 1/2 hours. They are really resting today!
It is amazing to me how irresponsible people are. Even if I didn't have pets that are scared - it shouldn't matter. I have a fenced yard - no big dog - and don't care to have someone else's dog pooping in my yard. She gives me an attitude each time I take the dog home. REALLY? You give me an attitude, when you aren't watching your animal and it's in my yard? Just shaking my head.
OK enough venting!!!
My frugal week:
- G had a script ready and it was FREE
- Laundry in cold - and mostly line dried
- Filled 3 - 2 liter pop bottles I received with water for storage
- I got all 4 of the pork loins I bought last week cut up. Ended up with 50 chops and 3 packages of pieces
- Made batch #1 of grape jelly - got 4 1/2 pints (for gifts)
- Fixed the kitchen faucet. The trim plate under the faucet was loose and I got everything tightened back up
- Made grape water with all the scraps left from making jelly
- Worked in the yard several times this week. My biggest day was yesterday - in the cold wind - hoping the kitties would feel more comfortable with me being outside. I got the entire garden cleaned out, and many of the pots. The big flower bed got a good cleaning as well. Trash bin is full - and I have stuff to trash for the next many weeks! I sure felt aches and pains all over last night from being in the cold and wind.
Meals this past week:
Deconstructed cabbage rolls with smoked sausage
Chipped beef gravy over toast and scrambled eggs
Chili mac with cheese & sour cream topping
Breaded pork chops, green beans, sautéed mushrooms & tomatoes
Loaded baked potatoes
Sandwiches and chips/dip/salsa (I was tired)
All leftovers were made into different meals, frozen, or used for lunch
This next week I plan on making more jellies and process the kraut. I have to go and get my driver license renewed - UGH - so I will run errands while in that area (an area I rarely go). Need to do more de-cluttering as well.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Doing any canning?
Give us a shout out!
Prayers for your safely and health in this coming week. May the Lord help us to live more simply and appreciate what we have and to be more generous with others.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.