Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Reason

There are many reasons to be prepared for the worst.  We all have our own particular set of circumstances.
Many younger folks (and older) today, just don't get it.  It really takes very little to happen, for the world they know to stop.



Young and old - SO MANY people just aren't prepared.

They grocery shop week to week or maybe day to day.
They are totally overloaded with debt - big houses, fancy cars, shop, shop, shop...….
They have no emergency funds.
They think nothing bad will happen to them.
They have no clue how to grow anything.
They have no idea what they would do if the CRAP hit the fan tomorrow (cause they think it won't).
They have no idea how to live on less money.
They have no idea how to live below their means.
They have no idea how to use JUST what they have in new ways.
They have no idea how to cook - they are always eating out.
They have no idea about personal responsibility.

I could go on and on.
You all know some of these people too.  Sadly I 'personally' know more that wouldn't survive than would.  Most of them are in my family!  I have tried and tried to reach them, BUT  it isn't going to 'happen to them'.  They just won't listen and they aren't responsible humans.  It is sad.

That does not include you gals at all.  WE all know what the consequences could be.  We all have learned, taught, and educate ourselves daily in some way.
The reason IS SURVIVAL.

WE will survive.


14 comments:

  1. It has taken me years to figure this out and even though my kids are good at saving I still worry that they do not have enough food stored. Or that they shop at Costco and buy too much convenience foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT you did figure it out and look at you - you are going gang busters. Surely your kids see what you do.
    We always worry about the younger ones in the family - just pray that they learn like we did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling my kids about this but they don't seem to grasp it. Youth I guess. I'm afraid they'll figure it out when the crap hits the fan. Love your glob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could make others understand. It will be sad when they have nothing and no idea what to do.
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. We have always lived below our means since Harvey lost his job through layoff many years ago. Things were very scary for awhile and we have passed living within your means to our children.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you had to go through that. I am a firm believer that we get through things for a reason. Thank you for teaching your children. Hopefully they will do the same one day.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  5. This is why we are very focused on getting rid of all of our debt and preparing ourselves for whatever may come. We haven't always lived this way and now it is time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting rid of debt is excellent. Loss of funds or job - could create chaos - so better to be safe than sorry.
      Many people are just getting there - better late than never.

      Delete
  6. I also have people in our family who would not know what to do to be prepared. I'm assuming they figure they'll just hit me up for money and food!! They have no idea what to do if an ice storm hits and they have no power for 8 days! Unfortunately, my husband is one who also "lives in the moment" and can't visualize ahead, so it's up to me to carry the ball. It's a battle sometimes - I take that back - more like most of the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a battle for sure. I was lucky, as my husband understood the risks as well. We worked well together.
      Some folks just won't get it until it happens. A bit late then!

      Delete
  7. I know plenty of people that have already had it happen to them before and they still don't prepare. They always need the newest version of everything. Sorry I haven't been around. I have been working extra trying to put as much towards YD's college bill. Trying to not use savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are those who will NEVER learn.
      Then there are people like you! How wonderful that you are trying not to use savings and keep your kids from having a huge bunch of debt. I think that is so admirable.
      You are excused! LOL

      Don't over do it. You should be so proud!

      Delete
  8. Being prepared pays for itself in peace of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. That is probably the best statement to describe preparing.

      Delete