Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A Few Smiles Today

 Today just a quick post to share a few things that make me smile.  There are so many every day.  Take time to smile and be happy.  These are random and in no certain order and sure don't encompass  everything.

                                             Simple little garden groupings
Can you see it? (center of pic)   Mr. Groundhog!  I know it shouldn't make me smile - but it is so funny to see it frolicking all over the yard.  (Sorry not so clear - taken through window and screen)
      Family - my big brother and my sis (and me).  She is now 90 and he just turned 80.
                          Things are starting to grow and make the world pretty again.
                                            Blackie - "you can't see me - I'm napping"
      Babies!!!!!  Just one of my gr. gr. nieces!  We have a lot of babies in the family right now.
                                  Squirrels and birdies make me smile everyday!

Of course - my family and friends make me happy.   ALL my kitties make me happy.  Nature and all it's glory makes me happy.  Hearing the birds makes me happy.  Sunshine days make me happy.  Waking up and being given a new day by our Creator makes me happy.

Take a moment and think about what really brings a smile to your face.  Forget all negative today - just SMILE!!!!!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

14 comments:

  1. Lots of things every day make me smile. Seeing the swan sitting on eggs, hearing all the bird song and seeing the blossom on the trees. Hoping tomorrow to hear little granddaughter laughing. I love the baby picture. They always make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - so many things. I hope you get to hear that granddaughter laughter too!!!!

      Delete
  2. It made me happy to see the sunshine this morning! That is a great picture of you and your siblings! I had a memory video on Facebook this morning of our 6 year old granddaughter back when she was one eating ketchup with her fingers and scooping it in as fast as she could go. I sent it to our daughter and she showed it to our granddaughter who now hates ketchup. She claimed it was not her! LOL!


    In reference to your mention of cataracts in your post on natural healthcare-I read this morning that it is beneficial for eye disease to grate onions every day and let the tears flow. It can open up the ducts in the eyes and allow them to heal. That's a pretty inexpensive cure even if you threw the onions out! Also Christopher's Herbal Eye formula was mentioned with testimony to it's healing power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is so funny!!! I bet that was a hoot to see?
      Thanks for the info. - it sure can't hurt!!!!! I will look for that formula as well.

      Delete
  3. Unless that is a 20 year old photo of you and your siblings, you all have incredible genes. Even if it is 20 years old, you all look good! Happiness runs in the family, baby is a cutie.
    Groundhogs can gobble up rows of veg in the garden in no time flat. We live trap them when they show up and relocate them many miles away. Ditto raccoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that photo was this past January (2021) and we did another one almost the same pose just 2 weeks ago. I think we have pretty good genes too - just told someone that the other day!
      Yep - I know I have relocated many groundhogs and will have to do this one as well. So far no veggies and he hasn't been out and about that long - but he will go bye-bye soon!

      Delete
  4. I have many things to smile about each day. I never smiled at raccoons. And, it is illegal here and in many states to relocate raccoons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have many things to make you smile.
      I do say I think racoons are cute in the face - yet they can be mean. Our state lets you re-locate much wildlife - I know many can't.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Yes indeed the world is full of things to smile about, as long as we look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is the key - look and observe and pay attention - then it just hits you!! I hope each and everyone pays attention to the little things and SMILES

      Delete
  6. Lots of things to smile at! You and your sibs look great. Nothing like a baby smile to bring a smile to your own face. Love how the kitty is "hiding". That is a huge tree in your yard. Maple? I can do without the critters as they usually eat something before we get to it. Also it rattles the chickens. Had a small opossum get in the run and they went nuts. The sun is shining and there will be no rain until much later today. That makes me happy! We were able to assemble the corrugated galvanized garden bed yesterday with no temper and no swearing. Another happy (and grateful) moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes that one is a maple - it has to be very old.
    Sure a pretty morning - enough to make anyone smile. Yesterday was a wonderful day as well. More rain in the forecast - sigh! Rain and more rain.

    ReplyDelete