Thursday, October 14, 2021

Goodies for Home or for Gifting

 Today I will give you a few easy recipes for goodies for your home or for gifting this holiday season to others.
We all like easy and these fit the bill.

CHRISTMAS BREAD
18 1/2 oz. box yellow cake mic
3 oz. pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 C oil
1/4 C water
1 C sour cream
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and sour cream.  Pour into  2 - 9x5 greased loaf pans.  I use use mini pans for gifting!!!!
In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 350* for 40 minutes (little less time if using small pans).
SO good.  Not just for Christmas in my opinion.

3 MINUTE FUDGE
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 C (12 oz. bag) semi sweet chocolate chips (I have used many flavors of chips)
1 tsp. vanilla
Butter a square pan or line with parchment (for easy removal)  Melt chips and milk in a safe bowl in the microwave for one minutes.  Remove and stir.  Continue at 30 second intervals until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into pan.  Cool and cut into 1" pieces.  No need to refrigerate.



EASY APPLE BUTTER
4 quarts applesauce
4 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
(Great use for excess applesauce) or get a gallon can at big box store
Combine all ingredients and pour in an uncovered slow cooker for 8 - 12 hours, stir occasionally.
After that time, check for thickness.  If still too thin - continue cooking until it reaches desired thickness.
Fill sterilized jars (leave 1" head space) and process in a water bath 20 minutes boiling bath.  shelf stable.  Makes 7 - 9 pints.  (I often use jelly jars, so I get more jars)
Apple butter and fresh biscuits or a loaf of homemade bread - yummy gift.


AMARETTO COFFEE CREAMER
3/4 C powdered non-dairy creamer
1 tsp. almond powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 C powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Store in airtight container.
Attach directions:  Combine 2 Tbsp. of creamer to a cup of brewed coffee.  Makes 12 servings
**Think of your own add ins!  So many options that could be made.
Great gift for that coffee drinker
  

PEOPLE CHOW
1/2 C butter
1 C creamy peanut butter
2 C milk chocolate chips
17 pkgs. of each crispy corn and rice cereal (like Chex)
1 lb. powdered sugar
Combine butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a saucepan.  Melt over medium heat.  Pour over cereal and mix thoroughly, until cereal is covered.  Place cereal in a paper bag, sprinkle with powdered sugar, fold over top of bag, and shake well.  Keep in a closed container.
YUMMO!!!!!!!  This stuff is addictive!
You could make - bag in decorative baggies for gifting.


Fun yummies for you and others.
Have fun.  Hope this inspires someone!

17 comments:

  1. Love these, Cheryl. Thank you!!!

    We often gift plates of cake mix cookies (any cake mix, 1 stick butter or margarine softened and 2 large eggs + any stir ins) for last minute needs. You can substitute pureed pumpkin and a little canola oil for the butter with a spice cake mix, adding stir ins of oats and chopped nuts, or frost and sprinkle with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your ideas. So much can be done with a cake mix - we should not under estimate them!
      I have made those cookies as well. Tasty - for sure.
      I think this year many of the ideas I have listed will be platters for many.
      ENJOY

      Delete
  2. May have to try the apple butter in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good. I am going to make some soon as I have a lot of applesauce I probably won't use as is.

      Delete
  3. That Christmas bread would look pretty with cherries in it! Might try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, I must make that bread and the Chow. I think the men in my life would really like those.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great recipes. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas bread sounds delicious. I never have excess applesauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very moist and tasty. I am not a big applesauce eater - I need to eat more!

      Delete
  7. These are terrific, Cheryl. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound yummy! Especially the Christmas bread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is Saturday, just stopping by to say Hello and hope you are having a great day. Temps have lowered here and should be great for sleeping but I have been having insomnia. Made a big pot of chicken tortilla soup for eating and freezing. Going to make English toasting bread for the freezer. I was lucky to have my grandson for an overnight. We made M&M cookies together, I rolled the batter to logs and froze for him to take home. Kids don't need fancy things to play they just want to do something fun and learn new things. Wish he were still here to help with the bread. When is with them he always wants bread and butter. I am trying to teach him that simple things are so good. We do not always have to go to McDonalds. We can make those things at home. I involve him in cooking homemade things like his chicken nuggets. I never let him near the stove but he helps with making the breading and shaking the chicken to get ready for the fryer. I do the cooking part right now. I hope the things I teach him will carry through to his adult life. He loves to go the pantry and freezer to see what else I have added. Many of those things are sale items and coupon added so a great price. He and my son and Dil lived with me for about three years. He always had everything he wanted from my so called shopping. My son has caught on to the idea of shopping smart, being able to have what you want at a lower price if you just pay attention. I think this is the best lesson I have given. My son did not know I did this the whole time he was growing up. He now knows when I had a full house with his friends here constantly they always had plenty of things to eat and things that they wanted. I was a popular Mom. I was only the bio Mom to one but I have many that are children of my heart. What could be better than that. They are all grown up but will come and help my son take care of things when I need. To me that is a life well lived. I know you and G did not have children but you and G have a close connection to family. Never doubt they will be there if you need help, they love you beyond measure. Looking forward to your Sunday post.
    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be proud!!!! Sounds like a job well done with 2 generations of young men. I love when you gals talk about the guys getting IT!!!!
      Many guys just don't understand, but it is nice to hear about young men who are doing great and understand the pantry nd a bargain.
      Those deals and bargains sure did help with being the 'cool' Mom! That is neat.
      I bet your grandson is a joy!

      I do have many who I am very close with, and I know they would do anything for me. They are like our kids. I call them my kids.
      SO glad you stopped by. More in the morning!

      Delete