Friday, November 26, 2021

So it Begins!!!

 Yes indeed.  Thanksgiving is over.  Messes cleaned up.  Leftovers put away.  Plenty to eat for the weekend.  
Black Friday has started here in U.S.  Crazy crowds and shopping.  
Decorating.  Winter scents.  Cold weather.  Wrapping.  Lights.  Movies. ..........
29 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!!


ALSO it is a time for depression, sadness, loneliness, and feelings of dread.  Be aware and watch for these things in people you know.  Many people do not do well during the holiday season.  Check on shut-ins and people you know who live alone.  No one truly knows what goes on behind closed doors.  Be aware and reach out.  Maybe just a caring word or act of kindness can change a day, week, month or season for someone.

I am not shopping at all this weekend - I will be staying home in this warm safe place.  I saw on the news this morning that there were long lines as early as 4AM, huge lines, lots of people, and hardly a mask to be seen!!!  Yep, I will stay home.
I talked to a niece yesterday and she has 2 teenagers I buy for.  Well, she did something right, as they are very easy and not needy kids.  Of course they like $$$ and GC's - but they also just like simple things like warm socks, PJ's and goodies and yummies.  I can do that!

                                                           Aint this the truth?

So today I stay in, eat leftovers, sew, and maybe watch a movie and maybe even nap.  I have recorded a few movies over the past week or so that just seem to be fun for the holidays (not necessarily holiday movies).

So it is time to get busy and get ready for the NEXT special day.  Hoping many of you are done and just get to enjoy your time.
29 DAYS!!!!!
Have a great weekend!


24 comments:

  1. This girl is NOT getting in a car today. Wishing everyone a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Friday has now spread to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess that makes sense. Manufacturers and stores want all the sales they can get!! Greedy Gus's

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure I would call consumerism greed. It is the shoppers that create it so the retailers are obliging. The craving to consume needs to drop. I'll be interested to see waht this new adult generation does in their lives regarding consumption

      Delete
    3. Shoppers are greedy too in my opinion. Got to have the biggest, the best, the shiniest - spending money they don't have - usually to impress others!
      I just wish the season was appreciated for it's REAL reason and for being loving and kind, instead of spending.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, I have no need to do any Black Friday shopping. I do have to pick up groceries but expect that those stores to be busy. Black Friday wasn't a thing here in Canada until a few years and I don't think we're quite as nuts about it as some in the USA but there are some people who line up at the electronic stores.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just learning that this has now spread! Greed. They all want our money.
      Nothing I need bad enough to fight those crazy crowds.
      Have a good one.

      Delete
  4. I have no immediate need to go out, I stopped doing the black friday thing about 15 years ago. I would not go now due to Covid. I will be putting in a order for pick up at Walmart for milk,cream, eggs, and dog food. I have everthiing else in my stock pile thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go now either - but quit years ago as well.
      Good for you and having all you need. You are doing great.
      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  5. I’m not going out shopping today either. We can save 100% by staying home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I don't buy online either so saving 2 ways!
      Have a good one.

      Delete
  6. It is always nice to have a schnuggie down at home day after a special holiday. Not being a fan of shopping .. there is nothing I like better than a day at home sewing with a movie to sew by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a plan. Much to be said about being a home body - so easy to stay away from temptations!
      Have a good weekend

      Delete
  7. Hi Cheryl,
    I love the old Santa Norelco ad....I’ve been so enjoying nostalgia lately.
    Glad you’re warm, well-fed, safe and cozy at home with your 🐈‍⬛ kitties.
    I think a nap may be in my schedule today😋
    Keep well....Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite commercials I remember as a child!!
      I love all that is old.
      I did a nap - yes I did, and it was nice.
      Have a good one.

      Delete
  8. I love your contentment. It's safer to stay at home especially with the news of the new variant. We did nothing but grocery shop today which was cool because all the people were at Walmart or Target etc. I did get a Gift card so that was one present down. We exchange gc with his sister every year. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I just live a simple life and I love it. Wouldn't want anything different.
      I can get GC's and lots of goody basket stuff at grocery as well. I love that. No need for big stores!
      Have a good one

      Delete
  9. Made the mistake of doing my two week shopping today.... I don't think we are as crazy up here as you are down in the United States, but stores are picking up on the idea... Mind you up here it is usually a week or two of pretty great deals, and then on the day great deals on electronics and small housewares.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about going to the orchard and didn't even do that.
      We usually have good deals for a few weeks and then the ONE crazy day! Monday will be a cyber buying day I guess.
      Too much crazy for me!

      Delete
  10. Four dark o'clock is crazy! It was super cold here this morning.

    You should have come to our house yesterday. We had gobs of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes 4 dark O'clock is crazy - even if it was daylight!
      I had plenty and lots of leftovers. YUM. Thanks.
      Today was just cold all day. Sun was nice - but cold.
      Enjoy your weekend

      Delete
  11. Black Friday was not really crazy here. I work at a Chick fil a in South Carolina, near many large stores, and we were not busy at all. The Saturday after was a bit busier, but still nothing to write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW. I'll be. They showed huge long lines on the news here. Maybe just certain places. I heard that here, we actually had the biggest day of sale in years.
      Good to know it wasn't crazy people everywhere!!

      Delete