September 11, 2001 was a day that the world changed forever. It was a day that what innocence we had - vanished. It was a day that made us sorrowful , yet proud. It was a day that the strangers that died became family. It is a day that I will never forget.
God bless all who perished, their families, and ALL the wonderful responders and volunteers.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
I do believe that we are now getting ready for fall in these here parts of the country!! It was hot and humid this past week with lots of rain. We have now turned that corner, and the weather is beautiful. Highs are predicted to be in the 70's and lows in the 50's. I slept with the bedroom windows open last night. Heavenly!!! The weatherman said we have seen the last of the 90's till next year! We'll see.
I kind of made this week of ME after having such a busy and stressful week the week before. I just enjoyed my time, did a little shopping, did odd ends around the house, and did some relaxing. I feel re-energized and ready for a new week.
We have been having nightly visits from 'Rocky' the raccoon. That bugger is big! 'Opey' the young opossum is growing up. He is still smallish compared to others I have seen - but considering he was hand sized and alone - he has done well. I am so thankful that my outdoor kitties are NOT confrontational. They just ignore the nature that shows up in our yard (unless it's another cat!) I still have 2 hummingbirds feeding. Some days it's hard for me to remember we live in the city with all the nature that abounds in our yard.
My frugal week:
- Made 2 lbs. of bologna into sandwich spread
- Made the gifted jalapenos into poppers. Ate some and froze the remainder for other days! YUM is all I can say!!!!!
- Dried squash, carrots, and bread in the dehydrator.
- Line dried laundry on clear days
- FINALLY totaled all receipts for 2 months. Got everything entered into our spending charts. Won't let that happen again. Lesson learned - don't procrastinate!!!!!
- I went to Menard's and bought $52 worth of bird/squirrel food and spent $17 OUT OF POCKET! I used rebates I had.
- I made a Sam's run this week. I go once or twice a year. I received $10 off bill with instant savings.
- I used another $10/$40 coupon at Aldi for stock-up. The cashier gave me 3 - $5/$30 coupons good through end of October!
- Re-arranged some storage items in the kitchen to make things more accessible.
- Hard boiled a dozen eggs and made egg salad - one of G's favorite things!
- Picking produce from the garden. Beans are on their second wind as are the bell peppers. Still getting lots of cherry tomatoes, some regular toms, squash and beans.
- AC now off for hopefully many days
- Blanched and froze another quart of green beans
- Purchased 6 lbs. of cheese at Kroger for .99/8 oz. That brings my total of variety of cheese to about 20 lbs. on hand. We are good for the winter.
- Did survey for additional FREE 50 points for Kroger gas program
- G's power chair quit working this week - while he was on it and in the garage!! YIKES. We managed to get him inside. After much searching info on computer and asking questions of people around the world - we figured out the problem. It was a fluke thing - but at least we did not have to pay someone to come look at it. (They charge $110.hr.)
Sandwiches, salad and chips and salsa
Chicken strips and jalapeno poppers
Homemade meat pie (pot pie) and sliced tomatoes
Burger, fried potato chunks with onions and sliced tomatoes
Home fried chicken livers and garden beans
Fried fish, leftover beans, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers
All leftovers were used for lunches
Snacks included watermelon, cantaloupe, trail mix, and chocolate mousse
What was your week like? How are your gardens doing?
I look forward to hearing from you all this week.
May God bless you and yours and keep you safe and healthy.
My prayers also go out for the safety of all the innocent people of the world from evil.
PEACE my friends.