I hope this finds you all well and happy. It seems this has been a quieter week on my end - which I adore! The weather will be catching up with the calendar this coming week, it appears. Our highs will be in the low 70's and the low in the 50's. I just LOVE that type of weather.
We got a chance to turn off the AC about half of each day this - then it would heat back up.
I can sure tell fall is in the air, as we have spiders and spider webs every where! Good grief, you can't walk outside in the morning without running into several webs made across walkways.
We have an onslaught of stink bugs outside as well. Them things are every where.
I hope you all realize that exactly 3 months from today is Christmas!!!!!! Oh my - that time will absolutely fly by. It seems like yesterday that we were talking about this month just starting.
My frugal week;
- Made a bottle a Febreeze like air freshener
- Had several rehab visits and meetings for others
- Line dried lots of laundry
- Picked peppers, beans and tomatoes from garden
- Bought mushrooms on sale at Aldi for .69/8 oz. box. Got 12 boxes and dehydrated them. I will go back tomorrow and get 12 more.
- Got some multi-packs of good pens and pastel highlighters for the teen's gift baskets on clearance.
- Stopped at the church thrift store and bought 2 sweatshirts and a cardigan set for .99/each.
- Got 2 - 6 packs of specialty (huge) bagels for FREE
- Stopped at a yard sale on way home from rehab and found a brand new canning rack for my old water bath canner for $1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still had the tag on it.
- Had a special birthday dinner for G all from home. Made steak, potatoes, sautéed onion & mushroom and a giant choc. chip cookie. He loved it - as it was all his favorites.
- Other than items mentioned above - I bought nothing else from stores
Dirty rice with little smokies and salad
Homemade mac n cheese, smoked sausage and leftovers
Mac leftovers (with sausage) and garden green beans
Mashed potatoes/gravy, corn and chicken
Plain pasta topped with mushrooms and onions and butter, salad
Steaks, baked potatoes, leftover onions and mushrooms
Snacks: cookies, homemade ice cream from last week, chips, pretzels
How was your week? Did you do anything creative, frugal, interesting?
I pray you have a blessed and happy and healthy week my friends.