I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow to be done - I am so over hearing about this eclipse thing! I know it is a rare occurance, but I prefer it was even rarer!!!! LOL
I just know we are going to hear horror stories of people damaging their sight despite ALL the many warnings!
Summer came back to our area this past week with hot temperatures. We did get rain on Thursday (nice gentle rain) which was desperately needed. This coming week is supposed to cool off again I believe!
The hummingbirds have been so active and just a delight to watch.
My frugal week:
- I have been diligently preserving my garden produce - I love harvesting from the yard!!!!!
- Chopped and froze a dozen bell peppers
- Stuffed and froze many servings of jalapeno poppers
- Canned 28 jars of tomato products - pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and plain tomatoes
- Dehydrated tomato skins, basil, thyme, and rosemary
- Finished filing a second jar with ground tomato and a 2nd jar with basil
- Made a blend of tomato skins, basil, thyme, dried garlic, dried onion, and broccoli leaves. Made a full pint jar. My own homemade veggie bouillon!
- Used the scalding canning water along the drive and killed weeds
- Noticed we have lots of baby cabbage and 2nd round broccoli coming on in the garden. The peppers are loaded with blooms and baby peppers!
- Picked round 1 of grapes. De-stemmed and froze enough for a batch of jelly when I am ready to make. Lots more hanging out there! YAY
- Line dried laundry
- Made a dozen hard boiled eggs
- Dr. Housecall came this week for G. Good check-up.
- Used rain water for my potted garden plants - cucumbers are really reviving!
- Went to the Grand Opening of Safeway in the old building of grocery that recently closed (glad they re-used that building)
- At the stands outside store I received 3 - 16 oz. bottles of Prairie Farms chocolate milk FREE, a cheddar brat sandwich and a bottle of water FREE
- Got 8 packages of Colby cheese (8 oz. each) for 1.49 a package! 8 was all they had on the shelf. 2.98 a pound for cheese is a bargain every day here!
- I stopped because ad said they had bananas for .39/pd. YUM. I can never find for less than .59.lb.
- I got a ginormous local cantaloupe for 2.99. I had never seen one that large and took a chance hoping it would be good. It is wonderful!
I love that we are gaining so much harvest and food for our pantry from the yard. What a wonderful blessing. Are you adding to your pantry via your garden? Are you doing any canning?
I have spent an active week canning and dehydrating. More to do this coming week! I LOVE IT!
Meals this week:
Had a leftover day to clean out frig
Skillet goulash (new recipe)
Leftover goulash, steak burgers and sliced tomatoes
Dinner from the 50's diner (I was tired from canning)
Spaghetti with meat sauce, coleslaw and sliced tomatoes
Roast beef sandwiches and salad
Quick snacks - cheese and crackers, pickles, yogurt, and apples
WHAT did you do FRUGAL this week? Canning, gardening, crafting, special buys???????
I look forward to hearing from you.
THANK YOU ALL for such interesting posts this past week. I enjoyed everyone's stories and contributions. I think it was fun for all.
I pray you each have a safe, healthy and frugal week. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving protective arms.