We are doing great this week. Nothing in the world to complain about - and if we did - it would just be trivial stuff. So all is good!
The weather has made a dramatic change. Friday we didn't even get out of the 60's for a high! It looks like it will be in the 70's most of this upcoming week - YAY! This is perfect in my opinion - it could stay that way all the time. It is a very cloudy day, today. We are expecting a little rain off and on, and I am sure the flowers and the garden will love it.
Frugal this week:
- Line dried laundry
- Lots of yard work - free exercise
- Used rain water for plants
- Received a $10/$10 coupon for Kohl's - which I will use for a gift item when I am in the area
- AC has been off since Friday morning - windows open
- Dehydrated cabbage leaves and ground up - and dehydrated some older canned jalapenos
- Picking lots of garden. Tomatoes every day - zucchini at least every other day - bell peppers, jalapenos, and 3 heads of cabbage this week!
- Cut up and jarred 7 quarts of kraut to ferment
- Restocked many items in pantry from downstairs stock
- Went to visit my brother and stopped at Kroger a couple blocks from his house.
- Kroger deals - I found a shelving unit in the produce department that has special bags of fresh produce - each only costing .99. Not seconds - it's all nice. I got 2 bags of crunchy apples (6 in each), a 5 lb. bag of yellow potatoes, and 2 purple onions all for .99 per bag. CHECK YOUR Kroger the next time you go!!!!
- I also got 4 boxes of onion soup mix for .49 each (I don't usually buy), and 8 packs of 6 ea. of candy bars for .49 ea. (2018) Those will be saved for Halloween time.
Meals this week:
Ham/cream cheese/veggie roll-ups in tortillas
Poor man Swiss steak, smashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes
Creamy zucchini soup with tortellini added (2X)
BLT's - Mmmmmmm baby!!!!!!
Smoked sausage/cabbage and fried potatoes
I have also been going through my stash of fabric and pile of old clothes to come up with some ideas for making Christmas gifts. Thinking of making some lap throws, throw pillows, pot holders, etc.
Planning on doing some more canning this week as well.
What have you been up to? Did you get any good deals this week or do any canning?
Give us a shout and let us know how you are staying frugal.
Be safe my friends. Praying the Lord protects you and yours and keeps everyone safe and healthy.
I hope you all have a pleasant week - and stay frugal everyone.