We sure have been on a weather roller coaster this week - mainly downhill! We started with 70's at the first of the week, and got to a point where highs were in the 20's and we had a light bit of snow. There was a day or two that seemed brutal because of the temps and the wind. Brrrrrr.
Today is supposed to get to close to 40 - heat wave!
My frugal week:
- Received another FREE wall calendar this week.
- Finished up work on my jar recipes for gifts
- Made a 3 1/2 lb. beef roast in the crockpot this week. It made 3 dinners each, and G had it 2X for breakfast meals
- Used ham from the freezer as well as broth and made a pot of split pea soup
- Made O.J. from concentrate. I have been craving orange juice
- Made a batch of double chocolate/choc. chip muffins from a mixed I found in the pantry. Bought it on clearance sometime back - it fixed that sweet craving!
- Made a gallon of raspberry flavored tea. We drink iced tea all year, and I decided to jazz it up a bit. Cooled it out on the porch rail.
- Made 2 batches of jelly this week. One batch of black raspberry and one of Concord grape. Ended up with 4 pints and 12 half pints all together.
- Ordered the last items needed for gift baskets on Wednesday. Ordered the jalapeno/cheese summer sausage and my bulk dry ham seasoning. The summer sausage has been a favorite of many for years (can only buy from one place), and the last ham seasoning I ordered, was 3 years ago. I use it and give as gifts as well. **Amazingly I received both orders on Friday - regular UPS! One and a half day delivery from OH and PA not to shaggy for this time of the year!
- Kitties now have a new box to play/lay in - and they love it! Free entertainment for them!
- Got all my cards addressed while sitting and enjoying some baking shows
- Washed out some zip lock baggies
- Doing all the regular stuff
Meals this week:
Cube steak with gravy, leftover pasta and asparagus
Hot dogs and layered bean dip with tortilla chips
Sliced roast beef, potatoes and green beans
Beef enchiladas - (used leftover bean dip and roast in them & enchilada sauce from freezer)
Split pea soup
Beef Manhattan - such warm yummy comfort food! One of my favorite things.
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? Do any baking or last minute crafting/shopping?
I hope you are all taking some time for yourselves and just simply enjoying this incredibly wonderful holiday season. Enjoy and hug your family and friends.
Tis the season!
May the Lord bless you and keep you safe and healthy in this coming week. I wish you happiness, calm and snuggles.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.