Hard to believe we are already half way through this month.
We have continued to have a heat wave - although there were 2 mornings that windows got opened and the house got aired out. The humidity just dropped away, and it was heavenly.
It still isn't too bad humidity wise. We have chances of rain today and tomorrow - it is much needed. The next week will be cooler with high in the 80's only! YAY!!!!!!
The garden is really doing great. I am getting a lot of yummy goodness from it now. I bet in a few weeks, we will be up to our eyeballs in fresh veggies (here's hoping).
I have only seen the hummingbirds a few times since all the noise and craziness around here on the 4th of July. Slowly they are coming back around to the feeders. Poor babies!
My frugal week:
- Cut thyme and basil and dried
- G and I worked in the garage a bit on a cooler morning. Got rid of lots of stuff! Some "needs work" items went to the curb for FREE - got them out of our way.
- Watered with rain water when at all possible
- Line dried laundry
- Picking lots of produce - broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, both kinds of peppers, cukes, cherry toms, and out 1st regular tomato!!! 19 lbs. worth of veggies this week!!!!!! (Yep, I weigh everything)
- Staked up the tomato plants
- Tore the stove apart and thoroughly cleaned
- Washed all the windows inside (kitty kisses) and all the mirrors
- G had his friend do some welding for him on one of his roller seats to strengthen up the bottom.
- I "fixed" my laptop this week. The left hinge completely broke off. Computer works fine just droopy on that side. So me and the duct tape worked on it!!! It is holding fine for now, till I decide to let go of some change for a new one (maybe end of year sales)
- Took 2 tall kitchen bags and one box of old paperwork (receipts, statements, bills, etc.) to the FREE shred it day about 5 minutes from here. Been waiting a while for one of those days. Glad to have that stuff gone!
- Made broccoli salad - yum!
- Used the very last of the milk dated 7/1 before getting a new gallon.
- Ran to Kroger - gallon milk - 1.39. 1.5 quart boxes of ice bream - .99 each (limit 5). I can't make it that cheap.
- Aired out the house 2 different mornings
- Re-discovered my bib overalls this week!!!!! They had been put away for ages. They are so comfy for working in the yard. No wonder Daddy wore them all the time!! LOL
Meals this past week:
Veggie/sausage scramble, side salad & toast
Leftover scramble, steamed broccoli, sliced cukes
Loaded baked potatoes
Cold sandwiches and potato salad
'Mom's' zucchini/sausage skillet dinner
Antipasto sandwich melts and broccoli salad
Not a real exciting week, but a nice one. Harvested lot's of veggies - worth a chunk of change at the store - and my frig is full! Got some much needed de-cluttering done. Did some needed cleaning and got some fresh air in the house! I like these quiet kind of weeks.
Life is good.
How was your week? Any produce from the gardens yet? Great deals?
Inquiring minds want to know! Share your good fortune with all of us.
I just love hearing what everyone else is doing.
May you all have a safe and healthy week. Praying the Lord blesses your gardens to provide you food and nourishment for your families.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.