Well, it has arrived and it does feel like it here. We had a big drop in temps on Friday - and it will continue throughout the next week.
Today is sunny and cool - lovely!
We are to get some rain this next week - but I do look forward to getting a lot of fall yard work done. There is so much that needs to be tended to before winter sets in. We all know that will be here before we blink twice!!!!!
It has been an exceptionally quiet week here on the home front.
My frugal week:
- I did make a run to Rural King for a canned cat food stock-up. I really need to keep up on that every month, to keep my inventory up.
- I have been harvesting a little of this and that. Peppers, tomatoes, okra and cucumbers. Totaled around 15 1/2 lbs. this week. It is really winding down.
- Made a batch of cinnamon rolls
- Did laundry in cold and line dried
- Bought gas for the first time in almost 2 months and got a .20/gallon discount
- I did FINALLY grocery shop this week for a just a few odds and ends. ONLY spent $32
- Turned off the AC on Friday - probably for the rest of the year!
- Did a little light yard work
- Started doing some fall cleaning
- Windows open and house getting fresh air
Meals this past week:
Chicken and rice and salad
Pork chops, black eyed peas, stuffing and tomatoes
Hamburger hash, slaw and tomatoes
Chicken French bread pizza topped with roasted tomatoes
FRY night - fried green tomatoes, onions & okra served with franks
All leftovers used at lunches
Life is slowing down a little. Crops are winding down, so is the canning. Yard work will increase for a bit - then that will also slow. Cool days, eating the harvest, scented candles, watching nature and enjoying God's wonders - YEP that is the life!!!!!!
I found a few new recipes this week, that I will be making for Christmas baskets. Yummy recipes I will share after I try them!
What is going on in your neck of the woods? Garden still producing? Still preserving? Any deals?
Let us know how you are preparing for fall.
May you all be blessed and safe and healthy this week. Take time to enjoy all the wonders of fall and the wonderful gifts it has to offer. Be kind. Praise your Maker for everything.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.