Hope this post finds everyone well.
We got to keep the AC most of the week, till Friday. I finally got the basement all dried out and the musty smell has gone. Thank goodness.
We are back in the mid to upper 80's and that will continue through the next week. I guess summer isn't done yet!
I know that our water problems of last week was nothing, compare to what the folks in the South East are going through. I pray for their safety. It is so sad, and so many are losing everything.
WOW I went to my 45th graduating class reunion last night. Man that sounds awful - I AM OLD! It was a pretty good time, catching up with people. We had a huge class (around 900) and only about 1/8 of the people showed up. I still come across names and people I have never heard of! I have always said that living in the same place all these years - that it was weird not running into schoolmates. Well, I probably do, I just don't know them!
My frugal week:
- Changed out handbags this week - to a more 'fall-ish' one
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair at home
- Made another quart of ice cream
- Canned 5 pints of chopped tomatoes. Many split and had spots after last weeks rain - so I salvaged all I could and canned. Waste not.........
- Picked about 15 lbs. of produce
- G had his home doctor visit this week. All is good!
- Finally dried out and got some much needed yard work done
- Line dried laundry
- Received a FREE Country Woman magazine in the mail. Trying to entice me back.
- I went out once to get G's scripts - so I ran to Kroger to get cat litter. I got 4 - 4 packs of highlighters for kids holiday baskets for .59 each on clearance. Also got 4 - 10 packs of mechanical pencils for .79 each. Bought NO groceries again.
- AC off most of week
- Took our friend/neighbor to Dr. this week and found a new thrift store in the same complex! I went in and looked for a few minutes - it's huge and cheap. I need to go back and SHOP!
- Friend/neighbor gave us 7 cans of condensed soup (mainly mushroom and onion - which he hates) and 2 cans of kidney beans and a half pound of pecan halves (which he hates). His EX gf brought all that to his house trying to get him to eat it. It didn't work - so I got it! YAY!!
- Just doing all our regular stuff
Last weekend I spent a rainy afternoon watching the 1949 classic The Secret Garden. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That has always been one of my favorite books. Old moves are just so cool to see.
Meals this past week: (Easy week)
Hamburger veggie soup 2X
Leftover pizza and salad
Turkey & cheese sandwiches, potato salad and sliced tomatoes
Steak burgers/onions, fried corn, and salad
G had turkey sandwich & chips and dip - I ate at reunion
All other leftovers used for lunches
So there you have it not very exciting at all. That's OK, I like it that way.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? How are the gardens doing?
I hope and pray that you are all safe and healthy. Prayers going out for anyone in the storm affected areas. Life isn't always easy - but it always good.
Blessings from our humble home to yours!