Did you change those clocks? UGH!!!!!!! I have not used an alarm clock in over 30 years. I always wake up about one half to one hour before dawn. Now I did the same today - and I feel like I am running behind. It will take me a while to get my mind/body adjusted to this - it always does. Isn't that crazy? You wouldn't think one hour would make such a difference.
Don't forget to change those seldom used clocks as well - like in your car!
We had a storm blow through yesterday. We ended up with almost 2" of rain in a 24 hour period and lots of wind AGAIN. This past Monday and Tuesday we set records for cold temps on those dates that had lasted 146 years!!!!!! It was cold.
We went from a yard that was rock solid hard to mushy and gooshy.
This coming week is supposed to be a little better, but I am ready for 60's and 70's.
We have had a major weather event every weekend this year, except 2! I am kind over it - I wish it would just mellow out a bit. It doesn't need to be so dramatic!!!!
It was an extremely quiet week (AGAIN)
My frugal week:
- Got my leggings out for about 3 days again to wear under jeans. They sure do help keep me warm.
- We had a home doctor visit this week. All is good with G.
- I made a "new" belt for me this week. G doesn't wear them anymore - so I got one of his narrow (in width) leather belts and cut it down and punched new holes. Now I have a sturdy leather belt for jeans (instead of my decorative one) and it was FREE
- We got our taxes all printed out and ready to go in this week. Yes we are old fashioned and mail them - we do not submit digitally.
- I did go to Kroger and got 48 cans of tuna for the deep pantry at 2/$1 (my stock-up price) and I actually broke down and bought fried chicken at the deli - marked down 8 pcs. (whole chicken) for 2.99!! I see it marked down a lot - but never that cheap. Regular price was 7.99.
- I went back to Aldi and bought 3 more bags of oranges for 1.99 each. I have thoroughly been enjoying them. I get intense cravings for oranges this time of the year. I guess my body is telling me something!
- Still working on deep cleaning. I don't know why we call it "spring" or "fall" cleaning - as it is always needing to be done. Get through the entire house deep cleaning and it's time to start over!!!! Right?
- I finally decided on what the baby blankie will be that I need to make for an upcoming gr.gr. niece (gr. nieces first). It will be a combo of pretty material and hankies! When I get it made I will show you all.
- Doing all the normal things each and every day - how exciting! NOT!!
- I did a lot of reading, watched some You Tube and research
Meals this past week:
Baked fish, asparagus and rice casserole
Burrito supreme & salad
Cabbage, smoked sausage, potato skillet
Fried chicken (store bought) and red beans and rice
Chicken and veggie stir fry (flavored like General Tso) over rice
Homemade gumbo - used up all leftovers in this (2X)
All leftovers remade into new dishes or used for breakfast
So how was your week? Any good deals? Are you planning your gardens yet? I haven't started - but I generally do the same things each year.
Look forward to hearing what you have been up to.
Prayers for health, healing and safety for all. May your week be full of frugal living and fun surprises. Live your days with purpose!!!!!!
Blessings from our humble home to yours.