Geesh we had rain and more rain this week. I had the back yard flood 2X this week. Finally it went down enough and we had a sunny day on Friday - and well I just couldn't put off yard work any longer! I had not mowed the back for 2 weeks because of rain. At least it looks better now.
My garden plants are hanging in there. It seems the volunteer tomatoes have more blooms and little tomatoes than the other plants! So far so good. It is going to be a late harvest year for sure.
Humidity and heat are coming back this week. I guess beggars can't be choosers! Heat and humidity or constant rain - such is life.
Momma kitty isn't feeling well the past day or so. It appears she has another bad tooth and it makes her sluggish, skittish, slobber, and just not wanting to eat much. I am putting her meds in wet food, now to get her to eat it a little more. Poor girl.
My frugal week:
- I finally got the basement dry. Shop vac , fan, and dehumidifier = dry basement. Boy, that was a horrible rain that caused that. It was hard work, but all is good now.
- I did a lot more sorting, de-cluttering, rearranging, and cleaning
- I cut my hair at home
- Cleaned the hard wood floors really well (hands & knees). I need to go over them again, then put on conditioner
- I received a dozen roses from my sister this week. She came by and brought them. She is like me - she found a tremendous mark-down at Kroger. Dozen roses on clearance for $2. Those pink ones smelled heavenly!
- Received a rebate check from Menards for $28.80
- Used rain water on my hair a couple times this week - sure makes it soft
- Used all leftovers in an egg dish - beans, rice and fried corn all went into a stove top quiche of sorts.
- Took the entire oven apart and cleaned. I mean ENTIRE oven - you could see the floor I remove so much!!! I did an oops earlier and melted a rubber spatula in the oven. It was the same color as oven and had fell up against the wall - didn't see it until too late. What a smelly, icky mess. I really worked hard to get all the solidified rubber off! All clean - and lesson learned! NO MORE rubber spatulas!
- Mowed and trimmed while we had dry weather
- Ran to Kroger and got 5 packs of cheese (8 oz.) on the weekend .99/ea. special. I also got a cantaloupe in the .99 bin.
I did several things this week that just wore this old gal out. My back was so tired and sore a couple nights. It felt good to keep busy - however, it sure didn't help me sleep any better. Sigh!
Meals this week:
Fish and fries and home canned slaw
Skillet quiche and sausage patty
Can of cheesy chicken, broccoli, potato soup and a fruit smooth
Corn on the cob and turkey burger (from freezer)
Refried bean and cheese tostadas
Cold cut sandwich
Black bean and beef taco salad
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? Any goodies from the gardens yet?
Give us a shout out and let us all know what is happening in your little spot of the world.
I hope you all have good health and safety this week. May frugal deals and ideas abound!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.