Sunday, June 9, 2019

Weekly Wrap-up 6/9

Good morning.  It is a very wet morning here and looks to be a soggy day and evening.  We actually got several dry days this week (thankful for the farmers).  I hope the farms got to make some progress.  My bother actually got to get much of his garden in this week - finally!  His acreage is very wet as he is settled on a natural spring - so any rain really messes his planting up.
It got pretty toasty and humid a few times.  Turned AC on for a couple hours here and there.  For the most part I utilized the ceiling fans and windows.

I noticed a few teeny tiny cucumbers on my 2 vines!!!!!!  The pepper plants are loaded with buds and the tomatoes are blooming up a storm.  I came across another volunteer tomato plant.

I got to get very close to the bunny last evening.  Oh my  goodness is it a sweet little thing.  It would fit in my hand, it is so small.  Just adorable.
My hummingbirds are finely starting to show up several times a day now.  I was beginning to wonder about them.
We have several young squirrels (born this spring) and they are just too cute.  Sure didn't take them long to learn where the peanuts come from!  They run right up to me.  Saw Momma squirrel out there preening one of the young ones and they young-in appeared to be hugging Momma.  It was so sweet to watch.

Coogy had me a little worried one day.  He kept crying and pacing and getting sick.  I then realized he was constipated (of all things).  This happens to him about once a year.  Poor baby feels awful when that happens.  I mixed a little bacon grease with coconut oil and got him to lick it off my finger and shortly there after - he 'went' and felt better.

My week:
  • Made up new bottles of shampoo and dish soap
  • I spent a couple days sorting, cleaning and de-cluttering again.  I arranged all of Glen's books into one full bookcase.  That was a project - but they are neat and together.
  • I boxed up and donated 5 boxes of my old books.  Took them to the church thrift store.
  • I received 2 FREE mangos and a loaf of Italian style sliced bread at the thrift store
  • I worked in the yard a lot.  I got 3 flower beds weeded and new mulch laid in them.  That was hot but sure good therapy for me!!!!!

Here are a couple of the beds cleaned and mulched.  The top one is the side of the garage in the backyard - all my old implements and fossil rocks included there!
The bottom one is at the back of the house and contains the AC unit and the generator. - but also lots of mint and snow on the mountain.
  • I cleaned the back perennial bed between the garden and the back fence.  What a mess.  That bed contained a lot of poison ivy and many maple trees sprouting (UGH).  Got that all cleaned out and it looks nice
  • I cooked up a pound of hamburger (taco seasoned) for different meals.  Also used part of it to make a big burger.
  • Had lunch with 2 old friends this week.  We met at O'Charley's. 
  • I ran to Kroger to get milk and of course walked around the store.  I did get 2 - 1/2 gallon (used to be!) cartons of specialty butter pecan ice cream for $2 each.  That is one of my favorites.
  • Mowed the yard 2 times and trimmed.
  • Picked up my sister and she and I went to our gr.gr. nephews graduation party yesterday.  Got a wonderful meal as well.  It was nice being with a lot of family - lifted my spirits a bit.
  • Just doing all the regular stuff
As you can see I spent a lot of time cleaning and clearing -pulling and tossing - sweating and lifting - it sure helps me get out some emotions and stress!  Tiring, but good therapy.

Meals this week:
Fish and slaw soft tacos
Cheeseburger (on bread) and 2 hard boiled eggs
Goulash 
Beef/cheese nachos
O'Charley's meal with friends (late lunch)
Hamburger hash
Grad dinner - catered by Qdoba - tasty

I have managed to get out a bit more this week.  Yes, it was nice - but it had emotional setbacks later in the day.  I keep looking at my watch while out - as I not used to not hurrying home.  I got very emotional both evenings.  It is all so new to me.  I am slowly trying to get out of my comfort zone (home) and branch out.  I am definitely a work in progress.  Dang it - this is tough!


How was your week?  Did you get any good deals this week?  How are your gardens doing?
Give us a shout and let us know what you are up to!  I think we all love learning from each other!!

Prayers that you all have a safe and healthy week.  Be wise, be loving and caring, and be frugal.  God bless you all and your families.
Blessing from my humble little home to yours.


31 comments:

  1. Your mulched garden beds look so good, Cheryl. I really like the old washtub you have in there. I hope you were careful with that poison ivy. The butter pecan ice cream sounds good and what a great deal. Glad you were able to spend time with family and lift your spirits a bit.

    Not to compare the death of your husband to a husband who has simply left...I can recall the feelings I had at the time mine left. I can remember NOT wanting to go home because he was not there. It was tough and you need to take all the time you need to as long as it takes. It took me one year before I ever began to feel like my old self again. And what you're going through is much worse than that. Just remember you have many, many virtual friends who are keeping you in good thoughts and prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was real careful with the poison ivy - I catch it very easily!
      I have 2 of those wash tubs - one further out back as ell. I think they are fun.

      I totally understand - my ex had an (or several) affairs and I was devastated to be left alone. It was horrible. But I knew why I was. I still have trouble figuring that out today with Glen. I KNOW it was God's will - but can't help but wonder why now. I guess that is normal.
      I know - I am reminded daily what wonderful people I have in my life. I am so grateful!

      Delete
  2. Your gardens are shaping up and I too love that wash tub -so pretty! I want your squirrels ...mine seem to not be around this year. I do see them in other yards though. You are so close to the animals -that's so neat!
    I think you are so brave Cheryl. I love reading about all you do and how busy you are. I admire that you are trying to get out more too.





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all animals. I always have. This seems to be the place every type of critter (even unwanted) shows up! There must be a sign someplace!!!!! LOL

      Thank you. I have to keep busy or go nuts - REALLY! One day at a time.

      Delete
  3. I love how you have decorated your garden with your implements and tools and rocks in the wagon. The wash tub and flowers look so nice. How sweet about the squirrels. Glad your humming birds are showing up more too. Sounds like you have gotten some good deals, and you have had some yummy meals. Glad you are getting out some, but I'm sure it is hard. Keep taking one day at a time. Prayers for peace and comfort.
    Oh don't know if you use the digital coupons at Kroger, but one of mine this week was buy 3 participating items, get $3 off. The bumblebee tuna pouches are $1 each, so free tuna. :D
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, free tuna. How neat!
      Thanks - the long bed also has a couple rose bushes in it as well. There used to be a huge honeysuckle vie in the middle - but sadly it died out last year after many, many years.

      Thank you and you have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I love your flower beds they look great and the work is good for you. I am sorry that you are struggling and this next year will be hard and full of first times. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think they look pretty.
      Yes lots of firsts for sure. There will be many.
      Thank you my friend.

      Delete
  5. Its good to keep busy but glad you getting out and being with family. Look after yourself. It is early days and you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Family and friends have been wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Just want to send a virtual hug cheryl. Love you and your blog.
    I'm now reading all your back posts from years gone by now.
    Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool. Glad you are going back through and reading. Thanks you!
      Thanks for the hug. I love all the friendship and caring I receive.

      Delete
  7. (((((HUGS))))) my friend. It is going to be a rollercoaster of emotions for awhile to come. I am glad that you were able to get out with friends and spend some much needed family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It is all strange.
      Family and friends are wonderful.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I'm finding that now, after a year I'm starting to feel OK at home alone and when out on my own.
    You are doing brilliantly. (((hugs))) all the way from England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I am glad you are doing better. What a journey, no one wants to take.
      Thank you dear lady.

      Delete
  9. Cheryl, sending you hugs. Little baby steps. I did not lose a hubby. I lost a child. I still look at the time too or still think I am on a schedule. It is a hard habit to break, especially when you were their primary caretaker. It does get easier. I still think I am on schedule and it's been almost a decade.

    DH saved a woodpecker that got hit by a car. We tried to rehab him but his injuries were internal. We had him for two days before he went to heaven. I tried to get him a wildlife doctor. We were told to let him die because it's just a nuiscance bird. Still really upset about that. I am trained to rehab animals and birds. I am not a doctor that can do surgery.

    Just found out a woman in my neighborhood is poisoning cats. She poisoned my big favorite gray Tom cat. Really angry about this. My other neighbor and I are trying to figure out what to do. Why are people so cruel?

    I see my unsub program I run for testing is unsubbing me from my blogs again. I love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about your loss. I can not imagine. Hugs to you!
      Poor woodpecker. All animals and creatures deserve to be taken care of. They are so pretty. Thank you for trying to help it.
      Oh my, I would be scared and screaming at someone about the kitties. That is horrid. I do not understand how anyone can harm ANYTHING. I love all God's creatures. "What we do for the lesser of Thee".....
      I just don't understand people. So many are so heartless.

      Never heard of an unsub program.

      Delete
  10. I meant to write I love. Sorry I cut myself off. I love that you are doing a one meat thing for your dinner. That is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just seems to be easier with it being just me. I don't eat a huge amount and I have all my meat packaged for 2 - so I stretch it out and use it for different things.
      Have a good one.

      Delete
  11. I am glad to hear you are getting out. It is good for you. It will take a while for you to be used to it. It is still new. We had a wedding this weekend. We watched the sun set. It was beautiful. Watch out for poison ivy. I got some this year and it still hasn't fully gone away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am slowly getting out.
      I love watching the sunset. Some evenings they are just incredible.
      I have a couple spots of ivy on me - but managed to do pretty good. I am very allergic. Nasty stuff. Take care with it. That itch is so intense and miserable.

      Delete
  12. Give yourself time to get used to this new life you're living and don't be hard on yourself.

    Love the washtub planter! The beds look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy my yard!
      I know - I guess I am doing better than I give myself credit for. TIME!

      Delete
  13. Your freshly-mulched beds are an inspiration to me. I only have a container garden this year so I can focus on the flower beds. Dh added tractor bucket loads of fresh dirt to the front of the old farmhouse last summer. We let it settle all winter and now we need to get blocks and level it and put down weed barrier and finally plant it! I also shared some Aronia berry and elderberry bushes, ordered from the NRA with a friend. Need to mulch that bed by the washhouse. And continued my hosta bed around the pin oak tree. I'm slowly weeding out the brome grass there and trying to keep my common day lily plants. Mulching will be hard there so mostly weeding. And finally the long bed along the driveway and the berm both need some major mulching this summer. I've neglected them for several years. We planted squash & cucumbers (separately) in those beds to keep the squash bugs away. This year I have those veggies in new spots.
    It was nice to read that you felt able to get out a little more. Just remember, baby steps. Just do what you feel up to and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You know how you are feeling. It's ok to just "be" if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you sound busy! That sounds like a whole lot of work. The one long flower bed here, just has 2 rose bushes that have been there forever. Just an odd area that needs something, but not a lot will grow there.

      Your work sounds like it will last all summer - that never ending type of work! I bet it is lovely.
      Don't work too hard!

      Thank you - baby steps it is. I just go at my pace.

      Delete
    2. Maybe find a spreading herb from the mint family to plant there? Lemon balm can tolerate alot of neglect and spreads from runners. And you can use it in tea and it smells lovely when crushed.

      Delete
    3. Good tip. I have lemon balm and mint in other places and they do really spread. I kind of like it empty - it looks neat and clean. Kitties like to lay there sometimes in the shade too!

      Delete
  14. Cheryl, remember to take life as it comes for the first year after a big change. You need time to recover so go easy on yourself please. Wonderful that you are getting out to see friends, but if home is your sanctuary, let yourself enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are different for sure. I say no when I need to and will continue to. It is nice to get out - but just weird.

      Delete
  15. Hello everyone out there, I'm here to share my unexpected miracle that happened to me through the help of Dr OKHUELEGBE. My name is Sharon, I'm from USA. I was happily married with two kids; we lived together as one because we both loved each other. All of a sudden, my husband started acting funny and started keeping late nights. I took out time to know what was actually going on and realized that he was cheating on me. Later on, he told me that he cannot continue with me, I even pleaded with him but he never listened. The worst part of it was that he left me and my two kids with nothing to hold on to. But there was nothing I could do to stop him or bring him back to me. I work so hard to pay the kids school fees and other responsibilities for good three years. I cried all day and night because I didn't know what to do to have my husband back to me until this fateful day i read a short piece from one Mrs. Victoria testifying how the great spell caster helped her to get her ex back. I said let me give it a try because I never believed it will work. I contacted the great spell caster and he told me not to worry that my husband will return to me in no distance time after he must have finished casting out the spell placed on my husband. The unbelievable happened on Sunday when I got a call and I was so surprised to hear my husband’s voice apologizing to me that he is so sorry for all his Wrong did, telling me he is coming back home to fix all the pains and hardship he brought upon me. Wow! I really appreciated the great work of DR. OKHUELEGBE. I will always acknowledge your "FABULOUS WORKS" and there is nothing I could say than to tell the whole world about my miracle. So, if anyone is out there reading this post and you have similar issue like this, worry no more, Dr. OKHUELEGBE is there for you, he can also offer any type of help like Reuniting of marriage and relationship, Curing of genital herpes and all types of Diseases, Court Cases, Pregnancy Spell, Spiritual protection and lot's more. Call/WhatsApp him on:+2349014575214 or through his email:drokhuelegbelovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete