We have had warm and cold this week. A little rain and wind. It appears a storm is coming through tomorrow and temps this week should be about normal for this time of the year. It looks like it will stay in the 50's and 60's as high this week.
The leaves are changing color a bit more - but I am afraid after tomorrow's storm - there may not be much left to see. The wind is supposed to be pretty gusty.
- Got the furnace all checked out for this season and it is good to go. No charge for this check
- Did a lot more paperwork - UGH
- Cleaned the ceiling fans and have been working on more deep cleaning
- I told you I went to Dollar Tree and Kroger this week. A few goodies had - not much. While out that day I also stopped at the hardware and used the $5/$25 card I had. I got enough furnace filters to last through next summer and some bird seed
- Put 4 - 2C bowls of potato soup in the freezer
- Froze 1/2 of the cake I made last week
- I ran to a church sale yesterday and got a few goodies. I was surprised to find anything.
BRAND NEW (never used) handbag in a tapestry type material. 3 separate compartments and a zipper section. .50
I also found a pair of wrap around sun glasses (goes over your glasses) for $1. I got those for driving until I decide about prescription sun glasses again.
- FINALLY got the bathroom sink taken care of. Of course nothing is simple! Little leak became replacing all drain pipes and water lines on the sink. Faucet was also leaking, so that got replaced as well. Drain, water lines and faucet were over 30 years old and were stubborn about coming out! Also the sink is a pedestal and sits between tub and toilet with very little room to move. My goodness it was a process. My neighbor did most of the work and I was the assistant and gopher. JOB DONE - so happy. Now I can feel confident about replacing paper and flooring. (Also get to return some items for a refund - as got everything we thought of that we might need).
- Went to my brothers for a cook-out last night and got to see several of the nieces and nephews. Brought home a couple cupcakes to eat today!
Meals this past week:
Cheeseburger and salad
Cheesy/beef spread (with leftover beans from burrito) on buns (open face)
BLT and a bowl of Ramen soup
Mashed potatoes w/chives and chicken breast
Cookout at brothers - hot dogs, chips, cider and chili (all by a fire)!!!! Oh, Smores too!
Cheesy/beef spread (with beans added) over buns - so yummy! Used a packet of the Velveeta with seasoned ground beef. Buns have been if frig for a while and needed to be used (toasted first).
So there you have my week. Nothing exciting, but did get some things accomplished.
I have laundry going this morning and I plan on doing a deep clean in the bathroom today (after yesterdays mess). It is cloudy today, but decent temps.
What did you do this week? Did you get any great deals? Are you working on Christmas projects yet? I look forward to hearing from you all.
Stay safe and frugal this week. Prayers for health for you and your families.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.