The weather is a changing here. We have had warm and sunny and we have had wind, wind, wind and rain and more rain!!!! I am so done with the windy stuff - it just makes it feel so cold.
Yesterday was some nasty day. We had pouring rain all day and evening (we did need it) and the wind was just crazy. There are many a limb to pick up today.
Lots of leaves came down as well.
It appears that this week is going to get chillier too. Looks like maybe flurries Halloween night.
The squirrels and birdies are back with a vengeance. Those babies are hungry! I looked out back the other day and counted 22 mourning doves. I have never seen that many here in all the years I have lived here. It was incredible and listening to them coo was soothing music.
This is going to be probably the first year in my life that I will not be doing Halloween. I used to go out and get goodies as a child and had so much fun. Treats were much better then, as many were homemade!!!! Then as an adult - I wanted the kids in the neighborhood to have as much fun as I did. It gets more worrisome every year. You truly don't know if children or adults are dressed up. I have always bundled up and set outside (so I can keep house locked).
This year, I just don't have it in me and I don't feel nearly as safe being alone. I know my neighbor would come over - but there just aren't the kids around that there used to be. Most in the neighborhood quit handing out candy a few years ago and the weather is going to be nasty. So I will snuggle inside.
Isn't that the cutest picture? Halloween fat cat the day after.
My frugal week:
- Put together new bottles of dish soap. shampoo and foaming hand soap
- Found out that I had a 53.70 credit on my light bill. I am on the budget plan (pay the same every month) and I had this much credit for end of cycle. I get to pay less this month.
- Trimmed my hair and did a color touch up (at home)
- Only used the heat a couple times
- Went to bank to take care of more business - boy what hoops I have had to jump through. I have an appointment to go back Tuesday with more info. I HOPE this will take care of things. They keep adding stuff they need.
- Fried a pound of sausage patties up - freezing most for future
- FINALLY started getting G's retirement pay. Again jumping through hoops for months! I have been living on savings/life insurance until now. So now I get a paycheck!!! Never did it enter my mind that they would go back and pay me back pay - BUT they DID!!! What a relief and surprise.
- Continue to work on big clean - never ends
- Doing all the normal things
- Went out to lunch on Saturday with my sister. We went to the 50's Diner - which was fun. She treated for my birthday.
- I did run to Kroger to get eggs and some salad fixings. They also had chocolate milk for $1/half gallon and cheese on sale (I always get cheese). I found 2 bottles of Dawn anti-bacterial dish soap on clearance and got those for the pantry.
Hamburger hash and salad
Leftover hash, sliced tomatoes and garlic toast
Homemade mix of Rice a Roni (beef) and a small cooked burger from freezer
Soup using leftover rice and a can of condensed vegetable beef soup
Sausage and egg sandwiches (used 2 toasted hamburger buns)
Chili mac (used chili from freezer)
Lunch with sister
Hamburger hash. An old time favorite - just simple old fashioned and frugal comfort food. Hamburger, potatoes, carrots and onion.
What have you been up to? Any frugal finds this week? How is the weather in your area?
I look forward to hearing from you all.
Thank you for all your lovely comments this week - I do look forward to hearing from 'my friends' each week.
May you all have a wonderful, healthy, safe and frugal week. Blessing to you and yours from my humble little home to yours.