I went out this morning to feed the cats - it was still dark (at 6:45) - and it was 57*F. WOW - did the temps and humidity drop over night. It is so delightful out this morning. This weeks weather will be more seasonal. Thank goodness - I am over the heat and humidity.
Last night the sunset was incredible. It looked like the sky was on fire - bright pinks, reds and oranges. God sure is a great artist!
I have seen another young groundhog off and on in the yard. It is a different one, as the other one died. That I am sure of, as I found him a couple days after (oh my). He is a cute little thing. He likes my phlox, and stands on his back legs and eats it!
The finches are spending a lot of time on the echinacea flowers out front. They love sitting on them and eating the seeds. Amusing Coogy the whole while. He gets so excited watching them right outside his window!!!!!
- Went through tons of old paperwork - have bunches to shred
- Cleaned out the corner hutch in the dining room - my goodness you can actually see the shelves in the bottom now!
- Re-arranged the living room a bit
- Made my bill paying station and put that in the corner hutch out of sight
- Bagged yard rubbish I cut last week. I then worked on several areas of the yard in the cooler mornings. I got the front flower bed all cleaned up and tons of spent flowers out (cut back the spiderwort). I worked on the side of the house and on the back flower bed by the house. Just so much to do!!!! Working a bit at a time as it would just get too hot.
- Renewed library books online - instead of going out
- Printed several recipes from the computer
- Picked more basil and thyme and have it drying. Cut more chives and chopped and froze
- Washed windows inside, kitchen and porch windows outside and cleaned all mirrors
- Made up new bottles of dish soap and shampoo
- Took down the mini blinds in the kitchen and washed them
- Made a yellow cake with chocolate chips and pecans this week for snacking
- Got a Pioneer Woman magazine for FREE
- Gave myself a really nice and relaxing spa night
- No grocery shopping this week
- Been picking lots of garden goodies. 2 zucchini and tons of cherry tomatoes and other tomatoes. I know I picked hundreds of cherry toms this week.
This is just a little bit of what I picked. I eat them like candy and have given so many to neighbors
Meals this past week:
Cheesy tuna mac
Sausage/egg/cheese sammies (used buns)
Veggie/stuffing casserole and sliced tomatoes
Casserole again and a side salad
Smoked sausage sandwich (on bread) and slaw and tomatoes
The veggie/stuffing casserole was good. I used a box of Pork Stove Top, 2 eggs, 1 C water, onion, 1 small/med. zucchini (cut up), some broccoli from freezer and sliced mushrooms. Mixed together and put in a 8 x 8 greased pan. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes - topped with shredded cheese and baked 10 more minutes. Quite tasty and filling.
Working on things around the house has lifted my spirits and mood a bit. I have been more active around here - instead of sitting and watching TV or You Tube!
Saving money shopping the house for redecorating and shopping the pantry for food and snacks.
What has everyone else been up to?
You harvesting, canning, freezing? Building that pantry? How are you saving dollars?
Look forward to hearing from you.
There are many people we come in contact with each day/week that are at their breaking points. It may be family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, strangers, you never know who - because they hide it. Let us all remember to not be too busy that we can't be kind, caring and patient with our fellow man. A little love and caring can go a long way. It could change someone's world.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.