Happy Sunday! Well, BOOM October is basically gone! What happened? Time is flying by, and before you know it, we in the U.S. will be celebrating Thanksgiving! Then it will be Christmas in a blink of an eye.
Fall is in full bloom here in my area. We had a couple really cold nights - but it has really been a nice week. Today is supposed to bring some rain - which we need. It looks like the weather will be lovely for the first week of November with highs in the 70's!
The leaves are staring to fall A LOT! My tulip poplar tree is basically empty now and some of the maple leaves are falling as well. Color is in full force.
Looking at the maple tree with fewer leaves I see no less than 5 squirrel nests up there!!! Maybe more!
It seems birds are migrating through the area this week as well. I usually have red winged black birds in spring and early summer - but usually only see a couple. Friday morning there were a minimum of 10 out there at the feeders (male and female). They were eating up a storm and they were actually shooing away the blue jays!!!!! It was pretty neat to see. Then they were gone! I still have the occasional stray one - but that was crazy to see so many. I loved it. The pileated woodpecker has been out there all week as well.
There was an incredibly beautiful sunrise this morning - God sure is a lovely artist.
I actually had a pretty busy and nice week!
- Been doing a LOT of cleaning - 'seeing' so much with these new eyes. Cleaning lots of things that don't cleaned often (at least at my house). Ceiling fans, walls, pictures, knick-knacks and behind and under things - oh my!!!!!
- Fixed a finch feeder that had a broken lid
- Lots of laundry
- Made a gallon of tea (haven't made in a while) - drank it all!!!!!
- The garden patch is totally cleaned out now - okra in pots still blooming, but everything else is out
- Cleaned out an entire fence row of spent flowers and 'stuff'
- Cleaned the deck (where greenhouse is) of leaves 2X this week
- Tore apart a crumbling wood bench and replaced it with an older bench from yard. Fluff loves her bench on the deck!!!!! On nice days she spends lots of time on 'her' bench!
- Had the windows open a lot
- 'Picked' another bowl of cherry tomatoes - from the box of green ones!
- Trimmed my hair
- My sis took me out to lunch on Wednesday - such a nice day that was
- I received a surprise gift from a reader and fellow blogger. I was just thrilled!
- I did run to Kroger for a couple of digital deals they had. Yeah, I ended up with a lot more than that. I did get choc. milk for 1.49/half gal., navel oranges 2.99/3 lbs., and seedless grapes for .99/lb. Ended up with 5 little gifts for holiday bags from clearance and quite a few more things. I will show you deals this week
- Mowed the entire yard and mulched leaves
- Got a gas fill-up. It is still pricey here at 3.89/gal., but I got a .30/gal. discount, so that helped.
- My brother and SIL came by and visited on Thursday and brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers!
- I went to a funeral memorial for a longtime friend (a camping buddy) this week. He has had a really rough time of life the past couple of years (so much self-inflicted - sadly). It was a nice memorial and done in a way that was different from what I have seen before. It was basically just a few hours of family and friends visiting and talking and telling old stories amongst themselves. Very casual and really not sad. I really felt uplifted after leaving - we just all loved sharing stories and seeing each other. We figured that was his final gift to us all.
Meals this past week:
Warm roast beef sandwich and leftover mashed potatoes
Fried tuna patty, broc./cheese rice
Leftover rice, smoked sausage and fried cabbage
LUNCH w/SIS - fried tenderloin, fries and slaw at a little family joint
Burger with cheese, one of the last reg. tomatoes, and chips
Grilled cheese and fruit
Leftover pizza (freezer) and a salad
SNACKS - lots of fruit, cheese and crackers, almonds
This week started my 68th anniversary of celebrating life on this earth! I got so many phone calls, cards and visits, it was really nice. To me, it was just another day - but family and friends were so kind and made it special.
How was your week? Are you keeping busy with fall chores? Did you get any good deals this week? I sure hope you all had a nice week.
I pray for your health and safety. May your upcoming week be wonderful
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours!
But the Lord's plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken.
Thank you, Lord, for continually keeping us in Your protective arms. Thank You for keeping us aware that You do have a plan for each of us and for this world. Our plans change from day to day - but Yours do not. You have a design for our lives that we cannot see. Help us to never fear our own loss of control, as You always know the ending. Thank You for Your unchanging love. Amen