Thursday, October 20, 2022

Awesome Sauce!!!!

 Howdy Ho my friends!  I am back!
Thank you all for your many thoughts and prayers.  ALL is GREAT!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly blessed I feel.  My distance vision is just awesome sauce!! Pretty darn near perfect vision.  My close up still needs help (readers) and that is just fine with me.  The world sure is beautiful!!!


You all and everyone I know got me through this just fine.  I actually got some sleep on Sunday night and Monday I was completely calm when I went to the clinic.  I got picked up at 6:45 AM, and was getting tests by 7:15. I went through a huge battery of tests and it was decided that my right eye would be first (it was worse).  I swear they put a gallon of various drops in my eye!!!  I then went to pre-op and more drops and then the IV (shot).  Well let us say this girl was in la-la land!  I could hear and could respond - but I could not have given a crap about what was going to happen!  I do not remember being wheeled into the operating room. I remember the doc asking what kind of music I like, then asking if I liked Credence Clearwater, and he started singing.  I saw lots of pretty lights!  Next I know I am sitting in the post op room.  Talk about a walk back into the 70's!!!!!!!  LOL!!  They gave me some juice, and I was done.  They said that surgery took 10 minutes - couldn't prove it by me.
Sitting there I looked up and was reading a sign across the room!!  I covered the eye they did and could not see it at all with the bad eye.  I was seeing immediately!!!!!!!  Was home by 1:00 PM.

Day 2 - left eye.  I am ready to go.  Picked up at 6:15 AM.  Drops, drops and more drops.  Different surgeon.  I remember being wheeled through doors - I hear talking and I see different kinds of lights today.  I am back in the post-op room in a flash.  Surgery today is7 minutes!  Drank juice - saw everything around me.  Home by 9:00 AM.

I saw nothing - felt nothing - and remember little.  Awesome.
Not one moment of pain at all.
I ate and slept most of the first 2 days.  TV looks amazing!!!!!!!!!

I checked out great on Wednesday.  Most restrictions lifted.  Just no extreme exertion, no real heavy lifting, no eye make-up (woop) and no water in my eyes for a week.  Wearing eye shield (clear) when sleeping.  I do drops 4X a day.  
I can drive.  I have NEVER in my life driven without glasses!!!!!!  Amazing.
I wake up and can see the clock on the opposite wall.  I can't remember the last time I could wake up and not fumble for glasses to see (probably as a child).

The world is gorgeous.  I had NO idea how badly I really was seeing.  The fog, literally, has been lifted.  I cannot remember ever seeing this crisp and clear - at least for years and years.  Corrective glasses could never compare to this.  I just keep being amazed.  What a lovely time of the year to have this done - fall colors everywhere!  My friend that took me for my check-up yesterday - said if he didn't know better, he would think I was higher than a kite - I would not shut-up!!  I told I was high - on seeing this big and beautiful world.
Along with that note - my house!!!  Oh my.  I thought it was really clean - NOT!  I can see so much dust and cobwebs, and spots on things in the kitchen and on and on!!!!!!!  I will being doing a wall at a time - top to bottom - and scrubbing everything.  My house will be cleaner than I am sure it has been in ages.

The saying - you don't know what you don't know - is so true.  I thought I was seeing decent.  NOPE.  What a huge wake-up.  I am just amazed.  I had no idea it could be soooooo great!
So now I will be one of those saying - DO IT - it is a breeze and will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Funny how a little over a week, our emotions and life can change so much.  I have been so sad and lonely with my Coogy gone (still am) - to joyous and awestruck with being given a new view of the world.

Again, thank you all for your encouragement, love, prayers and thoughts.  IT HELPED so much!
Life is beautiful and glorious.  God is good every day.
I have been given a wonderful gift.  This has been an experience of a lifetime.  AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!

I will be back to normal posting on Sunday!
Have a blessed day!



70 comments:

  1. That is absolutely wonderful to hear. I am so happy for you. I have a cataract starting in one eye and have been leary about eventually needing surgery. I appreciate you sharing this. Enjoy God's creatiob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy peasy!!!! No pain, no discomfort. As everyone says - wish I had done it before!
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Doing a little happy dance for you, Cheryl. God is so GOOD!! Thank you so much for the update. Take it easy while you heal, but WOO-HOO!!! Awesome sauce indeed!
    --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing happy dance too!!! It is life changing!
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm pleased it all went well and how exciting to see distances without glasses! Have a wonderful day enjoying your sight. Lynn Ewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled that it all went well for you and that you are so happy with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very happy for you. I am thankful the Lord has answered all our prayers for you.Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knew it would be this way if you did like I did. Totally get it about seeing dirt you never knew existed...lol! Told the doctor at follow up the only bad thing now was the Old Lady staring back at me in the mirror...oh well, I'll take it ....so thankful! Very, very glad you got along so well. Now, soak up all of God's beautiful creation. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Nothing looks the way I thought - including ME!!!! Scary! That is OK - everything else is wonderful. Thanks

      Delete
  7. It is awesome - I know that word gets used a lot - but it is!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear things went well for you. The power of prayer is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news Cheryl! Glad you are doing so well and what an encouragement for anyone who is considering cataract surgery. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it is now my mission to help others who may be afraid or leery! I got much support - just going to return it.

      Delete
  10. Hi Carol so happy to hear you are doing so well! Enjoy the new view! -Lisa from CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear your cataract surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so so happy for you!!!! What an encouragement for me or anyone considering the procedure. Happy resting! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is really a breeze - but I understand, as I was worried at first too!

      Delete
  13. Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry about Coogie. How heartbreaking. I think you need a new kitten in the future. Then to have your cataracts done! I was legally blind as a child and wore very heavy pop bottle lenses all through my childhood. Finally, was put into contacts at 12 which was young, but doctors wanted to brace my eyes so to speak. I had surgery when about 10 to correct my vision and it was like a miracle. Later I had cataract removal, and it was not as good as my first surgery in fact I don't wee as well, but it is still a Mirical to me to be able to get up every day and be able to see. We are so blessed to have this available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically without glasses I was legally blind. Couldn't do a thing without the. This is just a wonder. I said I wondered why they didn't just do this to fix bad eyesight. Thanks, now I know they do in some cases.
      It is amazing on what they can do.
      Thank you on Coog! I miss my boy. I will know when and if the time is right for another.

      Delete
  14. Absolutely fantastic, so glad it's over for you and you are on top of the world.
    Please though, don't do any cleaning, not yet, you don't want to undo all that good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just doing light things - nothing strenuous. Heck no, I am too much in love with this new world!
      Thanks.

      Delete
  15. I am so happy for you! I believed it would go well but I knew you were worried! I was so happy after my two cataract surgeries because I could finally look at the moon at night and only see one ;). And no halos. Congratulations again, Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that this morning when I went out to feed the kitties. The moon and stars and there was one of each!!!!!! It was amazing. That was one thing I was looking forward to.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  16. YEA!!!! My sister had been legally blind in one eye since she was 6yo. Doc said he had no idea what might happen. She did that one first. PERFECT VISION! She was reading street signs as I drove her home from that surgery. It was crazy to her :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just crazy what they can do!!!! Bravo for your sis. You can see wonderfully right away. It is pretty amazing.

      Delete
  17. Excellent news!! Now you're making me want to have my cataracts done, though we're trying to wait another 3 years until I'm on Medicare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have gotten the full work-up, distance and close up, but it would have cost a few thousand out of pocket. Nope - glasses are fine for reading. It was so easy and NO pain at all.
      I have no idea what the cost was - it will be interesting to see statements from insurance and Medicare.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  18. This is great news Cheryl!!! I am so happy for you! I had LASIK eye surgery years ago and I remember being amazed and feeling the same way you do! Enjoy your new gift!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful gift. I thought about Lasik years and years ago - but always chickened out. I am really glad I did this. Need to thank the optometrist, when I go back. He forced me into it!
      Thank you

      Delete
  19. I am so happy for you to have your vision restored. Your surgical team has it down to an art; wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing how many people went through each day. They do have it down to a science for sure. They have 3 different sites - the 2 I visited were sure busy.
      Thank you

      Delete
  20. Yay! How wonderful! Was it for cataracts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam - cataracts both eyes. One on Monday - one on Tuesday! I am just overjoyed!
      Thank you

      Delete
  21. Fantastic! This is wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo! It is amazing what a little surgery can do for your eyes. Cataract surgery is the easiest procedure I have ever experienced. So glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was truly dumbfounded at how easy it was!!!! It is wonderful.
      Thanks

      Delete
  23. Hallelujah!!!! I am rejoicing with you!! I kept you in prayer as well….for sleep the night before and for each surgery and knew God was working! And now you are enjoying seeing the beautiful extravagance of His creation ;))). This post makes me so happy! - Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I really did feel the prayers, as the closer it got, the more relaxed I got. The world is so beautiful!!!

      Delete
  24. I'm so happy to read how great you are doing! That is truly amazing how much it has done for your eyesight!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. Near perfect distance vision is not something I ever thought I would experience in my life. Thank you!

      Delete
  25. I am so pleased with your report!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am SO glad to see this fantastic update from you!! How exciting! So happy everything went well and you are seeing things in a new light. Continue to rest up and enjoy this new view!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Everything is very magical at the moment. All new and exciting.

      Delete
  27. So happy for you that you are seeing the world with improved eye sight. Good news. The house work can wait, enjoy a rest x Heather from the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah - doing nothing strenuous - just light stuff. Done a lot of resting!

      Delete
  28. Excellent news! I checked here yesterday morning but you had not yet posted. :) Yes, it's a shock, and I'm still amazed at so many differences - and my eyes were done right before Covid hit.

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes a shocker for sure. I went to the store this morning and it was almost overwhelming!!! Looking in the mirror was a shocker too!!! LOL

      Delete
  29. I'm so happy you had a wonderful out come and a painless surgery. I think it was meant to be to give you joy after the loss of your dear pets. FYI- to my frugal friends...Price Cutter has crate apples (8 kinds) for .79 /#. I got some of each. Some have surface blemishes, but no rot. They were all delicious, fresh and crispy. xo Cindy/WV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you may be right - it sure helped to lighten my mood a bit. We get bad and we get good - it all happens for a reason.
      WOW - deal on the apples. That is great. Love a crispy apple!

      Delete
  30. I love this Cheryl, You have probably releived many people's minds about this. It's amazing isn't it? So glad it's over and you are seeing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie. I hope it helps someone. SO many encouraged me - it is now my place to try to sooth someone else's mind! Over and done with and life sure looks brighter!

      Delete
  31. I am so glad all worked out well. My distance vision isn't too bad, and my cataract isn't bad enough to have surgery as of yet. I do wish I could see a clear crisp world once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. I had forgotten (or maybe never knew) what it could be like. Do it when you get the chance. You won't be sorry.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  32. I'm so happy you had a good experience and you are pleased with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This puts my mind at ease. I do know that it will be in my future and I was terrified just thinking about it. I wear glasses for distance and now readers. Never tried contacts, took me forever just to learn to put in eyedrops. Each time I get new glasses I am amazed how much difference it makes. Just imagine looking out at you garden flowers in the spring, the color, the details of each bloom.

    I am so sorry to hear about your dear sweet Coogie. You both loved each other so much. He would not want you to be alone in the house. I know you need time to recover from the grief but please get another kitten. Our pets make such a difference in our everyday happiness and our health. There is a kitten out there that needs you as much as you need them!! Hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terrified too - and the ladies here helped a lot. It was so easy and absolutely no pain. I would not hesitate again (not that it should be needed). It is life changing, to say the least.
      Readers is all I need now and I have worn glasses for distance since age 7. The fall colors are sure something to see!!!!
      Thank you - it is sure quiet in here. I do go out and visit my babes outside more. They don't seem to have interest on coming in. I will know when the time is right.
      THANK YOU!

      Delete
  34. I thought you'd be off a full week and here you are rejoicing. I'm miles away joining you. What a thrill. Happiness in the Land as the fairy tales say.
    I'm re-reading the Tightwad Gazette after you mentioned that you re-read it now and then. Quite a few things that are still good. Some funny. How to re-use your film canisters. Haven't seen one of those in many years.
    Ellie
    Central Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite the week! Yes, rejoicing - the world is bright and clear now!
      I love re-reading that book(s) about once a year. I have a couple of recipes of hers that I have used for years. They are never very far away. LOL - I still have a few canisters that I ran across not long ago!!! What a hoot! Yes, some are not real up to date - but many great ideas.
      Thank you!!!

      Delete