Just a heads up all of you in the U.S.. You can still get 'free' C19 home tests via the mail UNTIL 9/2/22. All ordering will be suspended on that day.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Sunday, August 28, 2022
- I did mow and trim everything - it looked so pretty when first done. Now it needs it again!
- I cleaned out between drive and fence about 50' length. Mainly stuff growing from next door - but it is all clean now
- Froze more tomatoes and okra
- Picked some grapes and froze
- NO grocery at all - didn't even look at ads
- Dehumidifier water in washer
- Made a pasta/veggie salad to take to cookout - heavy on veggies (it was a hit)
- Made new feed and refilled the hummingbird feeders. They are really active
- Taking care of Momma
Friday, August 26, 2022
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Sunday, August 21, 2022
- Doing the daily harvests - tons of cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, peppers and okra. Not much in the way of cukes this week.
- Mowed the yard and trimmed
- Got the big pile of rotted wood taken out back for burning at some point.
- Did a repair on the back handrail - replaced a section of top. More to do - but a good fix for the moment
- Made myself a step for the right side of my porch (using ramp wood). Makes getting off the porch on that side easier and I don't have to walk all the way around the porch now
- Painted the mailbox post and got the brass numbers back up (you couldn't see the post or numbers when ramp was up)
- Froze more okra and tomatoes
- Trimmed my hair
- Talked with a neighbor, a retired professional painter - and he has agreed to take down and paint my front shutters and to sand and paint my security doors in the next few weeks. Gave me a great price!
- Made 2 no-bake cheesecakes on Saturday. One for a friend and one for here. Each was peach flavored using peach yogurt and a blended fresh peach.
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do
- I ran to the library on Tues. for the first time in ages this week
- I stopped at the last day of a Kroger sale on Tuesday - got ground beef for 2.79/lb., Jimmy Dean sausage for 2.49/lb. and white peaches for .89/lb.
- Went to Aldi this week - first time in ages. Yes, prices are up a little - but they are still better than most stores and they were very well stocked. I didn't need them - but eggs were 1.99/doz. there and they had lots of fresh potatoes (a little up in price). I got cauliflower (huge), lettuce (huge), tuna, canned chili beans and kidney beans, dried potatoes, crackers and dirty rice mixes. I even bought 2 bottles of wine. I spent less there than I have spent anywhere for a long while,
Thursday, August 18, 2022
Happy Thursday my friends. Today I am just going to throw out a few ideas for some very quick and easy dinners. It doesn't have to be a major task to have a good meal. We can easily have tasty meals for little money and little time and using just what you have on hand.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Harvesting - tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, okra and cukes
- Froze some tomatoes for canning later and froze okra
- Cut more basil and thyme and dried
- I did a lot of weed whacking! A little around my yard - but mainly next door AGAIN! They have been there 3 1/2 months and still no weed eater - and very little mowing as of late. (I understand many of us haven't had to mow a lot lately). There is a spot in back they have never set foot - and it was soooo overgrown and taking over my fence. Well, I cut and trimmed all I could from over the fence - and cleared out my fence row. UGH. It looks much better. That was quite a job. I guess we take what we get - at least they are nice and quiet.
- Went on Sunday to Menards and got a new light for my backyard. Also got furnace filters, a new belt, 5 lbs. of peanuts for squirrels, and salsa mix. The mix is Mrs. Wages, and one I have not found for several years (mild). I also found some canned cat food flavors - I haven't seen in ages.
- Got the dusk to dawn light installed with the help of my neighbor. It works wonderfully!! It took us a while and it was really hot that day - but it has been worth it,
- NO grocery store at all this - never even thought about it
- Fixed 2 of my back steps that had loose treads
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do.
- The ramp is gone!!!!! 2 people - 2 days and it is done! Wow what a job that was. It was so much more unsafe that I had actually thought. So much rotted wood - so happy that it was not being utilized - that could have been awful. I kept a lot of good wood, gave away a bunch (it was all gone within 1 hour of finish on 2nd day), and there is a huge pile for burning. Let's just say - not a splinter, smashed anything, or broken nail - but a lot of sore muscles I didn't know I had!!!!!!!!! Dang this body is sore! BUT the job is done, and it sure looks different. Now to decide what I plan to do out there. ***** By the way - there was a raised platform off of porch that was 6 x 10 and then there was a 24' ramp with side rails. It was a real job!!!
Thursday, August 11, 2022
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Sunday, August 7, 2022
- I went out and cleaned out the front flowerbed and walk area and then the side of the house - of all the spent spiderwort plants. Sure makes a difference
- I went to lunch with a very long-time friend. We probably haven't seen each other in 10 years except on FB. We started working together back in the 70's. Had a great time catching up and spent the afternoon going to antique shops in the area (a new thing). Seemed like the old days!
- I followed a friend to the mechanic shop and then took him back another day to get his car.
- I got new wiper blades for the Blazer and got them on! What a difference they make
- Harvest - tomatoes, cucumbers - (got my first big one), cherry tomatoes, okra and peppers - zucchini seem to be done
- I did make a run to Kroger. I got a seedless watermelon for 2.49, bananas, 2 - milk 1.29/half, 4 huge rolls of paper towels for 5.49 (Brawny) that will last all year, and some cat treats. I also got a few markdowns that were nice!
- While out I did stop and fill my gas tank. I got gas for 3.89/gallon. Not great, but better than it has been.
- Made plans for a Menard's trip for today. I am getting a light for out back and made a list of other items to get there as well. I don't go often, so I will get all I need.
- Just general cleaning - dusting and vacuuming. That is about it on cleaning, the house never gets messy