Happy Sunday all. Here we are halfway through August. My how time flies.
I hope this finds you all well and safe.
I had a very busy week and accomplished quite a bit - for me. I don't usually accomplish a lot of bigger projects and this week, happily I did.
We have had some rain this week, and finally the temperatures dropped a little as did the humidity level.
It looks to be a lovely week ahead, with highs in the low 80's and low humidity. Wonderful - especially for August!!!
I still have phlox blooming and the roses have a few blooms. I even saw a couple blooms, again, on the clematis and the D'oro lilies. The surprise lilies are looking sad now. Soon the New England asters will bloom - then it will be officially fall! The large woodpecker is back in my area - it sure is a neat thing to see.
We have had a few showers this morning - then the rest of the week looks to be dry.
- Harvesting - tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, okra and cukes
- Froze some tomatoes for canning later and froze okra
- Cut more basil and thyme and dried
- I did a lot of weed whacking! A little around my yard - but mainly next door AGAIN! They have been there 3 1/2 months and still no weed eater - and very little mowing as of late. (I understand many of us haven't had to mow a lot lately). There is a spot in back they have never set foot - and it was soooo overgrown and taking over my fence. Well, I cut and trimmed all I could from over the fence - and cleared out my fence row. UGH. It looks much better. That was quite a job. I guess we take what we get - at least they are nice and quiet.
- Went on Sunday to Menards and got a new light for my backyard. Also got furnace filters, a new belt, 5 lbs. of peanuts for squirrels, and salsa mix. The mix is Mrs. Wages, and one I have not found for several years (mild). I also found some canned cat food flavors - I haven't seen in ages.
- Got the dusk to dawn light installed with the help of my neighbor. It works wonderfully!! It took us a while and it was really hot that day - but it has been worth it,
- NO grocery store at all this - never even thought about it
- Fixed 2 of my back steps that had loose treads
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do.
- The ramp is gone!!!!! 2 people - 2 days and it is done! Wow what a job that was. It was so much more unsafe that I had actually thought. So much rotted wood - so happy that it was not being utilized - that could have been awful. I kept a lot of good wood, gave away a bunch (it was all gone within 1 hour of finish on 2nd day), and there is a huge pile for burning. Let's just say - not a splinter, smashed anything, or broken nail - but a lot of sore muscles I didn't know I had!!!!!!!!! Dang this body is sore! BUT the job is done, and it sure looks different. Now to decide what I plan to do out there. ***** By the way - there was a raised platform off of porch that was 6 x 10 and then there was a 24' ramp with side rails. It was a real job!!!
Much of the rotted wood - not all.
Meals this past week:
Fried egg, cheese and tomato sandwich
Leftover casserole (freezer) and fresh cut-up veggies
Smoked sausage, kraut and mashed potatoes
Cheesy potato cakes and sliced tomatoes
Cheese topped ravioli and tomatoes
Broccoli cheese soup (from freezer) over noodles
Chicken tamales and sliced tomatoes
SNACKS - bal. of watermelon, veggies and dip, chips and cheese dip, sandwich
I feel somewhat accomplished this week. It was good wholesome hard work, and the Lord gave me the strength (both physically and emotionally) to do it. I am thankful. I really needed to be involved in the removal of the ramp system, to get my mindset in a good place.
Some weeks I DO get physical!!! LOL
Today will be a needed day of rest. It is wet and gloomy looking, and this body is tired - so I will hang out and maybe nap.
I must say I have slept well most nights this past week.
How was your week? What deals have been found? What is going on in your area?
I hope all you Arizona gals are OK - I understand there is much flooding there. Seems like flooding has happened in so many places lately - such a dry summer - then flooding! So sad.
I pray each of you is safe and healthy. Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Have a wonderful week!
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Dear Lord, help us to know who to listen to and follow. Not all we hear is good - help us to be able to discern. Help us all realize that we need to follow You and Your lessons, not man's lessons, and we will be fine. Lord, we thank You for all our many blessings and the gifts we receive each and every day. AMEN