- I did have a neighbor come by and visit for a while. It was nice to catch up
- Did 2 weeks worth of laundry
- Made a cake! YUM
- Worked on going through a lot of paperwork and started shredding a bunch of older stuff
- NO shopping or leaving the house again this week
- Been using the pantry and freezer stock again this week and using up leftovers
- Made a batch of drop biscuits
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do each day
- Started boxing up some donation items - things I just don't need. I have so much stuff to go.
Sunday, January 30, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Sunday, January 23, 2022
- Again, using from pantry and freezer and using up all leftovers in new ways
- Paid all the bills I had
- I did order the FREE C tests - but I still am not sure why. If I am sick with ANYTHING - I will not be out and about or around anyone and there isn't anything much that can be done other than resting, fluids, and vitamins. BUT I ordered them!
- I did spend parts of a couple days downstairs trying to get the craft area and gift, wrapping and storage area back in shape from after the holidays. I don't think I made much progress - just relocating things!
- Ran by the PO and dropped off mail
- Ran to Kroger on my outing to PO. First time to grocery this month. I got a lot more cat food (dry and wet) I get it when I can. I also got fresh goods - broccoli, radishes, mini sweet peppers, lettuce, 2 kinds of tomatoes, 8 lb. oranges, 5 lb. grapefruit, lots of bananas, milk, bread, 1/2 ga. ice cream. I also got more eye drops and 2 packs of RLS tabs ($20) and found a bottle of Airborne on clearance for 3.99 (reg. 14.99) - spent about $90. Not bad for the entire month - shouldn't need to go again this month.
- Made a small pot of split pea soup with various veggies, cooked up a lb. of sausage (froze most), fried a tin of Spam (froze some)
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do.
Thursday, January 20, 2022
Funny, all the talk about bread got me to thinking back yesterday. The silly things that trigger memories!! So today I will share a few thoughts from days gone by. I bet some people can relate!
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Sunday, January 16, 2022
- I filled up some seasoning jars and bouillon jars up.
- Restocked all the feed containers with stock on hand. Squirrels and birds have been eating a lot
- Using Soda Stream and flavor packs and drinking water
- Have been cleaning door jams, windowsills and woodwork preparing for repainting them. I have the paint - just need to motivate myself!!!!
- Laundry all done and all the winter jackets and sweatshirts (daily wear ones) have been laundered
- No shopping
- I have been using leftovers, and bits and bobs from freezer and pantry again. Used 2 very small, pre-cooked pork chops in a meal (2), a single smoked sausage, home canned sauces, pre-cooked fried chicken (homemade), kraut in frig (from making Reubens) just all from my stock I have here.
- Doing all the normal daily things we all do
Thursday, January 13, 2022
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Sunday, January 9, 2022
- Straightened and arranged the pantry areas and the freezer
- Cleaned our many various drawers
- NO shopping at all
- Stayed on the property all week - never left
- Received some FREE address labels - amazingly I had started running low!
- On a decent day - I scrubbed and cleaned all the heated water bowls and the bird bath - fresh & clean H2O!
- Added extra bedding in greenhouse
- Froze leftovers for freezer meal stores
- Filled up various containers with stock on hand
- All the normal stuff
- Using up some older and forgotten items
- Used some ham that I had in freezer (brought home from brothers at Christmas)
- Used the corned beef I made in different ways and froze some
- Made a lasagna and used a random can of Ravioli as a layer. It is meat, pasta and sauce - and you couldn't tell it was Ravioli. Good use of a random item
- Used some various cheese in lasagna - had no ricotta or mozzarella - Used monterey jack - gouda and parm. & home canned sauce
- Made a gallon of peach tea
- Made potato soup with a bag of mix I found and added leftover corned beef hash to it and some various cheese pieces - tasty! Ate 2X and froze 2 meals
- Used some .10 yeast rolls I got last time at store (Dec.). They had 12 count bake and eat yeast rolls for .10 pack - due to being mis-shaped! Got some for freezer as well.
Thursday, January 6, 2022
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Changing the date isn't going to change me! LOL. I am the same old me. I do NOT make resolutions, haven't for years. I found it only set me up for disappointment. No need for that - there are enough other things in this world that can be disappointing. Sooooooo - I plan on a couple GOALS for the year - that's it.
- I do NOT set a budget! I know how much I have coming in - and I know how much my basic bills are - that is my budget!! I basically spend half or less on my bills from my income - the rest goes to savings. I live very simply, so no big expenses. IF I decide I want something or need something or have an emergency - I am covered
- I make NO resolutions. I set goals. Hopefully I fulfill my goals - if not - well I tried
Sunday, January 2, 2022
- Did a lot of crock pot cooking this week - with the family get together and with my NY dinner
- Shared food with neighbor and his son. Helped them out with a couple meals of meat and some snacks!
- I had everything here I needed for that family thing, except buns and fresh veggies. Big spread for hardly no money!
- Got to actually air the house again 2X this week! Amazing
- All holiday stuff (both decor and gifts) is all put away till next year. The house looks empty!! LOL (but neat)
- Cut off the fronts of all cards to use for gift tags (next year) or lists
- New calendar marked up and on the wall
- I did my last store run of the year - because I had $20 is discounts I wanted and needed to use before the month ended. You KNOW I won't lose $20 in free money!! I got some more milk, fruit, juice and lots more cat food.
- I topped the gas tank while out, due to really cold weather coming. I only needed about a half tank. I paid 2.29/gal. with my discount! WOOHOO
- Using up leftovers in new ways and freezing some for later
- Yesterday I did a Twilight Zone marathon! YES, I am a TZ geek! I love it - and most of what I saw yesterday, I didn't remember seeing before. I know it is sci-fi (and I am not big on that), but each show always has a morale and something to make you think! That was my quiet NY day - that and finishing laundry and putting away tree.
- I ended/started the years with fresh sheets and bedding! LOL - that is always a thing I do. Just makes both the end and beginning feel fresh!
- Using what I have here, cooking from scratch, using leftovers, drinking tea and flavored water, laundry and just doing all the normal stuff. Pretty quiet week!