Hello and happy Sunday! Here we are one week of the month gone already - one week closer to spring!! LOL!
I know many have been having some pretty extreme weather. Lots of snow and very cold temps going on. It has been and will continue to be quite the roller coaster here. We have had decent temps and very cold temps. Just flurries here, so far big snow has eluded our area (I say thankfully). There are days that the skies look such a dark gray (that winter sky) that it looks spooky and gloomy. Loving seeing the sun at every chance we get.
I hope you have all stayed safe and warm and continue to.
Even on the coldest days - if the sun was shining - those silly kitties were sitting outside for a while. Getting their vitamin D! The little birdies were surely loving the heated bird bath this week. They were lined up waiting to get a drink
My week has not been too exciting. It seems much of the week revolved around food and the use of and coming up with new ideas!
- Straightened and arranged the pantry areas and the freezer
- Cleaned our many various drawers
- NO shopping at all
- Stayed on the property all week - never left
- Received some FREE address labels - amazingly I had started running low!
- On a decent day - I scrubbed and cleaned all the heated water bowls and the bird bath - fresh & clean H2O!
- Added extra bedding in greenhouse
- Froze leftovers for freezer meal stores
- Filled up various containers with stock on hand
- All the normal stuff
On the food front
- Using up some older and forgotten items
- Used some ham that I had in freezer (brought home from brothers at Christmas)
- Used the corned beef I made in different ways and froze some
- Made a lasagna and used a random can of Ravioli as a layer. It is meat, pasta and sauce - and you couldn't tell it was Ravioli. Good use of a random item
- Used some various cheese in lasagna - had no ricotta or mozzarella - Used monterey jack - gouda and parm. & home canned sauce
- Made a gallon of peach tea
- Made potato soup with a bag of mix I found and added leftover corned beef hash to it and some various cheese pieces - tasty! Ate 2X and froze 2 meals
- Used some .10 yeast rolls I got last time at store (Dec.). They had 12 count bake and eat yeast rolls for .10 pack - due to being mis-shaped! Got some for freezer as well.
Meals this past week:
Rueban sandwich, dill pickles and chips
Ham slices, salsa mac n cheese and rolls
Corned beef hash, rolls and fresh veggies with dressing
Cheesy potato soup with crackers
Potato soup and toast
Tuna patty, garbanzo - cabbage - pepper skillet sauté (trust me, it was tasty)
Lasagna and garlic toast
SNACKS - T-day cheesecake from freezer, pretzels, veggies and dip, juice
As you can see, cleaning the pantry gets me motivated to use odds and ends. It has all been very tasty - and most made extra for freezer meals. It has been kind of fun. I plan to keep going.
Are you using up any odd ball stuff? Using the pantry and freezer foods? What have you been up to this week? Staying frugal or getting deals? Inquiring minds need to know!!!!
Blessings from my humble home to you and yours.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.