Happy Sunday to all. My goodness, this month is flying by. Another week and it is gone!!!! I hope this finds you all well and safe and warm.
Cold weather seems to have permeated much of the country. We are finally having some winter here. This morning we are seeing a few flurries, maybe an 1". If we get an inch, that will be our biggest snow of the winter so far!!!! Crazy winter for sure. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining!
We have had some sunshine this week, which is so much appreciated, because it has been cold. January is our darkest month, so sun is wonderful. We sure have been having a big, bright full moon lately. It has been amazing to see.
I tell you it has been another quiet week for me. I do believe my get up and go has got up and went! I have no desire to do much. I do go outside every day, several times, so I get fresh air and sunshine when I can. Maybe I need to go somewhere (other than outside), but have no desire for that either. January is always a blah month for me. I always have a ton of plans - then the month passes and not much gets done. I do believe it is a seasonal or moon thing. I will get my mojo back soon!
- Again, using from pantry and freezer and using up all leftovers in new ways
- Paid all the bills I had
- I did order the FREE C tests - but I still am not sure why. If I am sick with ANYTHING - I will not be out and about or around anyone and there isn't anything much that can be done other than resting, fluids, and vitamins. BUT I ordered them!
- I did spend parts of a couple days downstairs trying to get the craft area and gift, wrapping and storage area back in shape from after the holidays. I don't think I made much progress - just relocating things!
- Ran by the PO and dropped off mail
- Ran to Kroger on my outing to PO. First time to grocery this month. I got a lot more cat food (dry and wet) I get it when I can. I also got fresh goods - broccoli, radishes, mini sweet peppers, lettuce, 2 kinds of tomatoes, 8 lb. oranges, 5 lb. grapefruit, lots of bananas, milk, bread, 1/2 ga. ice cream. I also got more eye drops and 2 packs of RLS tabs ($20) and found a bottle of Airborne on clearance for 3.99 (reg. 14.99) - spent about $90. Not bad for the entire month - shouldn't need to go again this month.
- Made a small pot of split pea soup with various veggies, cooked up a lb. of sausage (froze most), fried a tin of Spam (froze some)
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do.
Meals this past week:
Grilled burrito (stuffed w/leftovers) topped w/salad
Waffles (freezer), eggs and sausage patties
Pulled pork (freezer) soft tacos
Pasta with sauce and meatballs (meatballs from holidays/freezer)
Tamales over rice
Split pea soup with bread and butter
Cheesy potatoes, Spam slices and salad
How was your week? Any deals or bargains? How is your weather? Anyone else in a blah mood???
I hope you have all had a good week and continue to have another.
Well, looking out the window - the flurries have picked up and it is sticking - some big flakes! Not predicting a lot, it is pretty, but YUK! LOL
Stay safe, healthy and warm. Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation.