Thursday, June 30, 2022
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Sunday, June 26, 2022
- As you can see I picked bouquets - 2X
- Been using water from rain barrels and have had to use the soaker as well
- I picked my first zucchini!!!! My first real harvest WOOHOO
- I have been having trouble with the cable box in bedroom - figured I was going to have to replace. It has been slow and disruptive for a while and the other night it froze. In desperation I cut off the electrical to it - and rebooted the entire thing. Works perfectly now.
- Got to have windows open some
- I raked!!!!! Yeppers. It is that time of the year that the leaves start to fall from the tulip polar. UGH - such a pain in the middle of summer.
- Been going through more stuff around the house and trying to de-clutter. I came across a very small hand-held video recorder that I bought years ago. Forgot all about it. Been working with it - and I think I have figured it out. MAYBE a video for blog now and then!! (think kitties or birds, squirrels)
- Just cleaning in general
- I started cutting pieces for a baby boy blankie for a new one on the way
- Using what I have and using all leftovers in new ways
- I did make a run to Kroger. Got milk 1.27/half gal. (2), 2 lb. strawberries for 2.49, a (yummy) cantaloupe for 2.99, got stock of trash bags and sweetener to last for about a year and of course more cat food
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
We all still need the stores to get many things we use. Inflation has caused increased prices on a lot of things, and we need to be mindful of what we spend and how we use items. Just a few ideas of ways to save a little here and there. I know many are reminders - maybe a new idea or two.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Sunday, June 19, 2022
- I did run to feed store for corn and thistle seed on Monday.
- Dropped off a huge donation to the mission thrift store
- I went through a bunch of Bi-pap supplies I found in closet. Hubs used a machine and always had tons of supplies on hand. He even kept used hoses and such. I threw away the used stuff and planned on donating the rest. *May keep it - it may be worth gold at some point. Some family use machines and who knows if supplies will dwindle. I will keep some for now.
- I actually turned the AC 'up' on the hottest days to use less energy. The house still felt cool enough, as the humidity was taken out of the air
- Made a gallon of lemonade - so refreshing
- Washed the inside of windows and all mirrors
- Cleaned all the wood floors
- Used rainwater when watering all the potted plants
- Got the hose out back all hooked up to the soaker hose in garden - it will be needed in the next week!
- Used dehumidifier (portable in basement) water in laundry
- Got the entire yard mowed and trimmed on Saturday - it looks so pretty and neat!!!!
- Played like Morticia and deadheaded all the roses off the 3 climbing bushes!! LOL.
- No grocery store this week
- Cut and drying basil from the yard
- Did a big house cleaning - lots of vacuuming and dusting. Still working on de-cluttering
- AC off and windows open yesterday and today - airing house. Enjoying it while I can!
Thursday, June 16, 2022
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Sunday, June 12, 2022
- Changed out the filter in the furnace for AC use
- Did more cutting of wild growth and weeding
- Mowed and trimmed
- Weeded the garden and now it needs it again! Those darned old weeds sure grow fast
- Received a free magazine in the mail
- Cleaned out frig
- Ran to the Kroger to get Fluff's gravy food. I found discounted Italian bread and bagels on clearance for .99 ea. Got clearance fresh mushrooms. OJ was 1.27 half gal. and a watermelon on sale for 3.97
- Stopped and topped off gas tank - only needed 1/4 tank and I saved .40 per gallon with discount
- Stopped by the mission thrift store on the way home. Haven't been in a long while. I did find 6 books - got 6/$1 (4 cookbooks!). Free sandwich 'flats' (those flat bun like things) They were made with cauliflower and herbs - pretty tasty. I also found 2 - 13x13 canvas collapsible tote boxes for $2 each (brand new)
- Made a gallon of tea and added fresh lemon balm when brewing - tasty
- Worked really hard on the 2nd bedroom clutter. Closet from hanging bar down - emptied. Office area - cleaned out and up. Redid a lot of pantry overstock and got it in closet and out of sight! Used those new canvas totes for storage as well. It is coming along in there. I have a huge pile of items to take to thrift store on Tuesday when they re-open,
- Well, after 3+ long years, I finally started getting rid of G's clothes. I have had so many bagged and put away - but still here. That was a hard thing for me - but I finally got it started. I gave one of the new guys next door - several really nice shirts. I approached it cautiously and tried not to offend - he was thrilled!!!!! He has gained weight he said, and just started having to work back in the office a couple months ago. So they were needed.
- Cleaned the shelves on the coat closet as well. Found my fanny pack!!!!! I have been hunting for that for a while! (showing my age)
- Just doing all the basic stuff