Happy Sunday! Another new week starting and another new month! Sure is flying by.
I have been all screwy with my days this week - holidays always do that to me. Well, to be honest, I am messed up every week!!!! LOL! Retirement has a way of getting days mixed up.
We started out the week VERY hot and humid. Then we had rain and it cooled some. It has been pretty nice the past few days. Looks to be rainy this next week.
The blue jays and robins are still overly enjoying the bird bath. I love watching them take their baths. I don't see as many others bathing as I do those two. The little birds pretty much come to drink as do the squirrels.
Going through phases with flowers. First it was poppies, then peonies, now it is roses and soon will be lilies.
This past week:
- Trimmed the bushes out back again
- Got all the peonies dead headed - boy that was a job
- Mowed and trimmed everything
- Placed a soaker hose all around the garden (just in case needed)
- Been watering with rainwater when needed
- Used the crockpot and made a small pork tenderloin (3 meals worth)
- Got to have the windows opened a lot
- Did a lot of odds and ends outside
- Planted some okra in my garden pots
- Made a run to Fresh Thyme for herbal medicinal for me and kitties. Good to go for quite a while now
- Ran next door to Marshall's (my 2nd time ever) - and bought myself 3 new bras. It has been a loooong time since I bought new ones.
- Working on more decluttering. 36 years of accumulating takes a while to get through!
- Got to hang throw rugs, jeans and comforter on line outside to dry
- There was actually some very good deals at Kroger with digital coupons this week - I have resisted so far! I may still go - but I really need nothing and I am good for a long while
Meals this past week:
Pork tenderloin and spicey mac n cheese
Lunch at neighbors with his family (taco bar)
Pulled pork BBQ sandwich and cauliflower salad
Pork/cheese patty melt and salad
Mushroom/Swiss burger and slaw
Fried egg sandwich and balance of cauliflower salad
Chicken strips and pan seared Brussel sprouts and cherry tomatoes
SNACKS - smoothies and lots of fruit
It seems I am starting to lose a bit of that winter weight I put on! I was surprised the other day when I got on the scale. Fresh air, sunshine and exercise outdoors is sure helping. I have been eating a lot of veggies and fruit - so that helps. Very few junky things!!!!! Lots of fluids.
This is the best weight I have been in a few years! I am finally getting my bum more active - I feel I have just been in a stupor for the past few years (understandable).
How has your week been? How about gardening and flowers? Deals? I always look forward to hearing from everyone. I see on the 'following' list that we are growing slowly. I know there are way more people that are here and read and post than that - but it is nice to see new people and to share new ideas. Thanks everyone.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours! May you all have a safe and healthy week ahead.
Remember to be positive, to pray, to help others and to laugh and enjoy each day. Be thankful for all you have!
Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Dear Lord, We are surrounded each day by false prophets and minions of the devil. Help us to discern good from evil, that we always surround ourselves with positive people and good deeds and love. May we not be tricked or fooled by evil. Help us to live in love and harmony. Amen