Good morning all. Here we are on the last day of another month. It is celebrated by many as Halloween. Just think for us here is the U.S., Thanksgiving is 3 1/2 weeks away! Christmas is less than 2 months and then we will be starting another new year. Seems just like yesterday I was saying this in 2020!!
Well, fall has finally hit out area. We have had a lot of rain this week and now the cooler (colder) temps are coming. Looks like we will have nights in the 30's this coming week. I think we can say bye-bye to any flowers we have left.
Yesterday twice I looked out back and there was 'big bird' (hawk) sitting on the fence. The second time, Blackie saw it and was not happy. He ran over to the fence and scared it off. He never bothers the regular birds, but he doesn't like the hawk. I went out the first time and shooed it off - and if there was one little bird there were 100's of them that went flying out of the bushes!!! They sure were hiding for their little lives!
Blackie has finally gotten back into sleeping in the greenhouse again - thank goodness. I was worried about that because of colder weather coming. He decided it was the place to be, when the rains started and has slept in there since. He has his special spot!!!!
I watched the Charlie Brown special - The Great Pumpkin that I recorded this week. I love those little shows - such innocence. It made me smile for sure.
My quiet week:
- Made a batch of waffles for eating and freezer
- Received a complimentary Reader's Digest this week. It was kind of fun to read - haven't seen on in years
- Paid everything I had that was due for Nov. - balanced everything
- Refilled my big glass jars with pasta and rice
- Got taken out to lunch one day by my sister
- Got to talk with several family members I haven't talked with for a while
- Got to share home grown tomatoes with a couple other people. Those green ones are all starting to ripen and they are still pretty darn tasty
- Cut my hair and did a root touch-up
- I did go out and buy gas for Blazer. I had a .30 discount that needed to be used before month end. I still had a 1/2 tank - but I am all set now.
- I did run into to Kroger for additional cat food only. That area is still lacking a bit. Everything else looked pretty good. I did notice that soda pop had limits! It didn't matter whether it was a 2 liter bottles or cans -and the shelves were full. (hmmm) - same with water (there was lots). Nothing else had limits.
- Made a pot of chili - that can be eaten in many ways in the coming days. I added chopped peppers (freezer), diced tomatoes, onions and shredded zucchini (freezer) to it. I think the peppers and the zucchini has given it a sweeter taste. Can't even see the zucchini.
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do.
Meals this past week:
Leftover mashed potatoes and kraut with added smoked sausage
Mex./taco rice bowl
Huge tenderloin and chips (lunch out)
Oven fries, wings and sliced tomatoes
Beef/bean/rice burritos (used leftover taco meat & rice) topped with diced tomatoes
Chili with crackers and butter
How was your week? Any deals or finds? Is anyone doing any crafting for the holidays?
Look forward to hearing from you all.
I hope the coming week is kind to you all and that you are all safe and healthy. May you all find what it is your family needs and that you find some deals.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.