Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you are well and safe. Well - fall seems to have finally arrived in my area! We had rain and more rain this week - and then a cold front BLEW through (it was windy). Yesterday and today having highs in the 60;s WITH SUN!!!!!! YAY for sun!
This morning it was 40* outside - our coldest temp in months and months! 66* in the house. I just put on layers - no heat yet for me. Layers, socks and slippers!!! That did it!
They say this has been the wettest and the warmest October in over a century for our area! WOW!
Those volunteer tomatoes (cherry) are setting fruit! LOL - Who knows what may happen. I suppose it will get cold before they ripen. I have a clematis re-growing and blooming AGAIN this week. No real color yet here - a lot of leaves fell with the rain and wind - but no significant color yet other than green.
Blackie is doing much better. Pretty much back to his old self. He is eating good again. We are done with taking pain meds (stopped after Tues.). He still isn't doing a lot of dry food unless I moisten it - but he is really eating well. He is now sleeping the the insulated dog (cat) house. For some reason he hasn't warmed back up to the greenhouse to sleep. At least he is going in there to eat now! I figure something really startled or scared him in there when he felt bad. Time will tell.
- Started week by cleaning up and out the greenhouse - all swept and all situated for kitties - sprayed natural flea spray
- Changed out the comforter on bed - and recently added a throw for extra warmth
- By chance and LUCK last Saturday I found out the charger for my old cell phone ALSO works on my new phone. When I went to vet I realized my phone was about dead - and tried the old charger that was in the car. BOOM it worked! That is great, as I only got one with this phone - not 2
- Kitchen faucet became super loose for some reason - got under sink and fixed that
- Rescued the end of another candle (that I loved) to use in my melt pots
- I used leftovers in many ways this week. No waste
- Stayed home this entire week - no spending
- Picked 18 lbs. of green tomatoes (only half of plants so far). Wrapped in paper in basement. May think about making relish - not sure. More to pick
- Used portable dehumidifier water in laundry
- NO heat or AC this week
- Made a yummy milkshake with fruit on hand. Used banana, grapes, OJ, ice and milk. Super tasty and a nice treat
- Put together new bottles of dish soap (with vinegar added) and shampoo (just watered down)
- Used some of my rain water on house plants
- Washed mirrors and inside of windows
- Just doing all the same stuff we all do.
Meals this past week:
Chicken strips, potato salad and sliced tomatoes
Broccoli cheese soup (from freezer) and grilled cheese
Chili Mac - used some of leftover taco/bean mixture with added crushed tomatoes over pasta
Open face taco/bean meat sandwich topped with tomato and cheesy potatoes
Cheese potatoes, small fried green tomato (YUM) and smoked sausage
Beef/bean/potato skillet (used all leftovers together) in tortilla wraps
(Froze leftover beef/bean/pot mix)
SNACKS - fruit, juice, cinnamon toast, fruity shake, homemade salsa and a few chips
How was your week? Is it feeling like fall yet? Are gardens done or still producing? Any great deals this week? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!
I hope you all have a fantastic week and stay healthy and safe and frugal.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psalms 34: 13-14