Happy Sunday all. My goodness, one more week left in this month and then November is here. I just keep shaking my head, as this all seems to be going by so quickly.
It has been a cooler week. Friday rain and chilly - yesterday sprinkles but not bad temps - today rain and decent temps (60's) - tomorrow rain and chilly... WOW. Fall has made itself known. Still have had no frost or freeze and it doesn't look like it will this coming week.
Allergies have been bad this week. Mold count up outside.
We have been very fortunate in my neck of the woods. I know what the Almanac says for this year - but NOAA has said IN will be warmer and wetter than normal this year due to La Nina. Just saying, I am hoping they are the correct ones!
- I did a bunch of yard work the first half of the week. Cleaned the front flower bed and walk area all out. Mowed and trimmed entire yard. Worked in the garden area. Cut down many spent flowers from perennial bed
- Fixed the weather stripping on the front door. Over the years it has worn away at the lock mechanism area. I had stuff here and I patched in that area and at the bottom. No more daylight seen!
- Picked the end of all the tomatoes. Got the last 8 lbs.
- Used the Soda Stream this week to make bubbly juice water
- NO A/C - and turned on heat only 2 mornings - 1 cycle each to take chill away
- Baked a homemade pizza one day and ate part and froze the rest
- Changed out my handbag to one with fall colors. I have several Vera Bradley bags I was given years back - spring and fall. (New from a hoarder home!)
- Picked what I am sure will be the last 3 roses on Oct. 22! Hard to believe they were still blooming. I still have petunias, impatience, phlox and Lillie's blooming!!!
- I fixed my toilet!!!! I figured out the problem by watching You Tube, bought the part and fixed it all by myself!!!! GO ME! It was really easy - hardest part was shutting off the water, I mean you don't turn those valves very often! It was the filler valve and the toilet did a lot of screaming when you flushed - it is so quiet now.
- While out for hardware getting part - I ran to Aldi. Hadn't been in there for quite a while. I was pleased. Pretty well stocked and skids of supplies in aisles with more products, no limits and they accepted cash and charge (many say cash is nixed). I got myself totally stocked up on cheeses (8lbs.) - all types/varieties and different crackers to get me through the entire holiday season and winter. I got a few gift basket items for brother and sis's baskets. I even bought some liquor for festivities. They had 2 big floor freezers FULL of Butterball turkeys at 1.39/lb. (didn't buy any) and they had boneless turkey breast for 8.99 ea. I did well and got lots of goodies for pantry
- Did all the usual stuff - cooking from home, laundry in cold and hanging inside to dry, cleaning, stocking, etc.
Meals this week:
Potato/corn/chicken fritters (from freezer) and fried green tomatoes (so enjoying these!)
Loaded baked potato
Fish sandwich and salad
Grilled Rueben and dill pickles - used white bread had no rye - it was still good!
Beef and gravy (from freezer) - mashed potatoes and mixed veggies
Loaded cheeseburger and chips
I have leftover kraut and mashed potatoes to use up this coming week!
How was your week? Any deals or goodies this week? How is fall clean-up going? Give us shout, I love hearing what everyone is up to.
I hope you have a great upcoming week. Stay healthy and safe. Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established.