They are not always easy - even though simple - but we all need to strive. I try to be the best I can be, but I am not perfect by any means. No one is. Often we need to just go back to basics.
I think I accomplish most of these. I definitely have a couple of these that need work!!!! I just love this list. It is very basic - very true - and can be life altering. It is good living.
Following are just a few bits if wisdom from the Amish. Old Amish Proverbs.
- Pray for a good harvest, yet continue to hoe. God gives us miracles for sure, but we need to contribute to our future as well - don't you agree?
- A memory is a treasure that survives. Amen to this. I am so very thankful for memories.
- If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished! Yep, sometimes it happens!
- You can tell when you're on the right track. It is usually uphill. I so agree. Doing right and success is moving upward and onward - baby steps.
- A word to the wise is unnecessary. Truth!
- The right to do something, doesn't always make it the right thing to do. Oh how I wish people knew this. I know people who think they can say anything (it is their right), no matter how it will make another feel. Sometimes less is more!
- You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no. Most of us need to remember this. Sometimes our sanity and well being depend on saying NO to people who tend to rob us of happiness and joy. I am learning this lesson.
- We pass on our convictions to our children, by the things we tolerate. So true. Whether it be morals, politics, religion, values, etc. IF you allow it and do not register your feelings - your children will think it is ok. They see everything you do and learn from it.
- He is the happiest, be he peasant or King, who feels peace at home. We see this everyday in the news. Look at the worlds richest and most famous - I guarantee you we have more peace and happiness in our homes - BECAUSE of the lack of fame and wealth.
Lately, simple words have meant the most to me. Life really is simple if we allow it to be. We don't need fancy, we don't need wealth, we don't need excess. We NEED health, happiness, family & friends and we need just ENOUGH.
LIVE BY SIMPLE WAYS AND BE HAPPY