The weather has been wet, with a side of more wet!! Until today - 10 of the last 11 days have had rain. The only one that didn't was Tuesday - the day of the funeral. For that I am thankful.
It has rained at least one day of every weekend since the first of February.
The weed are growing like crazy, as well as the grass.
Hopefully if the dew dries, I can mow today. It needs it again for sure. So many weeds to pull out of the flower beds. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be dry, then more rain comes in for most of the week. Garden will wait as well. Today is truly beautiful outside. Sun is shining and the sky doesn't have a single cloud. It has been ages since we have had such a day.
The kitties are still not completely understanding where daddy is. Lilly lays in his spot on the bed all day - every day. At night I lay there, and she comes in and lays in his power chair. Coogy just loves on me constantly, and lays with me at night. He sits and stare at me, as if he is thinking.
- I did put the hummingbird feeders up on 5/3 just in case. Not much blooming, so I want them to have food if they show up.
- I have not purchased groceries in almost 3 weeks, except 1/2 gallon milk a 2 liter bottle of pop and 2 vine tomatoes
- Have done laundry in cold water
- I have been eating once a day - nothing to brag about. I did cook a couple eggs, and some pasta w/chili beans once. Other than that it has been a sandwich, salad, or bowl of soup.
- I have not turned on the heat in many days
- I returned the library books this week, so I wouldn't forget. Never finished reading - will get them again later. I have tried to read, and just can not concentrate
- I did go to the feed store for the bird/squirrel feed.
- I have been enjoying some beautiful roses and a lovely battery angel candle I received. The roses smell so lovely, I keep changing the water and babying them, so as to make them last. I also have some houseplant planters, adding lots of green to the house.
- I did figure out the bill situation - utilities and insurances are basically all we have. Paid what was due. Did some banking, till things are settled.
- I had to go back to the cemetery in Thursday, so make all final decisions on the grave marker. We had paid for it, years ago when buying our plots - but had to decide on style and granite backer. I went by Glen's grave and was totally surprised at how neat it was. I figured I would see a lot of mud two days out and rain - but it already had sod. This all seems so surreal.
So there you have it. I am just getting through a moment at a time. EVERYTHING has changed. The quiet is deafening!!!! When attempting to watch TV, I have chosen all different things - I just can't watch our 'regular' programs.
I know I have to move forward and live the best life possible to honor Glen. He would want me experience life as well as I can. I spent years staying by his side, and not venturing more than a few minutes away (in case something happened). Well, I was right here, and it happened anyway.
He would want me to hook back up with friends and family and do stuff. Many have reached out for "when I am ready". I have family and friends checking on me daily. I have felt so much love.
I truly want to thank YOU ALL again for all the love and prayers that have been shared. You just have no idea what it means to me. You are all my friends and just gems in God's world.
May you all be blessed and have a good week. Stay healthy, happy and frugal. Hug, love and enjoy!
Blessings from this girl's humble little world to yours.