We have had many days of lovely weather this week. Thursday evening we had a heck of a storm come through our state. We had wind gusts of 60+ mph! You couldn't even see across the street the rain was so fierce. Many areas had tons of damage and many are still without power. We had no damage at all thank goodness.
Yesterday got in the upper 80's and it was sunny and humid. Just a little taste of summer! Today storms returning for a part of the day.
I have been enjoying watching nature and seeing all the pretty flowers starting to bloom. Saw my first groundhog of the season Thursday morning. I am HOPING he was just passing through, and not staying. I haven't seen it since. Still haven't seen another hummer yet! Usually start showing up regularly around first of June.
I found out the young couple next door are NOT going to move for at least another year. I am so relieved. They are just so sweet and have the sweetest 18 month old named Charlotte. I was so dreading the thought of new neighbors - not ever knowing what you may get. God is looking out for me!
- Cooked a dozen hard boiled eggs for snacks or adding to meals
- Did lots of yard work and pulled lots of weeds
- An old boss from 30+ years ago showed up at my door, offering condolences and he brought me a perennial to plant in the garden from his yard. So very thoughtful.
- I planted up 5 hanging baskets and planted a few pots
- Cleaned inside of windows and mirrors
- Cut my hair and did a quick color job. I don't feel quite as old and frumpy now!
- I went out and had a breakfast/brunch with my high school friend. I needed that - it was quite cathartic. She is one of my oldest friends. We talked about everything - cried together - laughed - gave hugs - etc. We spent 5 hours just talking!!!!!!!
- I used power tools this week! I got around to altering the squirrel feeder that G & I planned of fixing. I also cut some lattice to cover the 2nd rain barrel (which I also got set up). I am always afraid an animal will try to walk across it (just covered with screen) and fall in - now it is protected.
- I put up the last bird feeder I got for Christmas (it's big - holds 10 lbs. of seed). Found a place that I hope squirrels won't get to on the front porch.
- I ran to my regular Kroger for the first time in weeks. I had a hard time in there. Everything I saw, I thought "Glen would love that". I managed to get what I needed - milk, juice, cat litter and some peppers without losing it completely. I did buy 2 - .99 bags of peppers.
- Saturday I made a quick trip to the park up the road to the Farm Market - just to do something different. I did buy lettuce. I petted lots of sweet doggies!
- Made fruit juice ice cubes to jazz up drinks
- I did stop at 2 side by side yards sales across from Kroger the other day - they were huge. Bought nothing.
- I FINALLY got all the important stuff taken care of regarding Glen. I have put off so many things - because as silly as it sounds - it just seemed to make things so permanent. But all is taken care of and everything is process. Relieved to have those things done. Sigh
Easy meals this week:
Homemade Subway type sandwich (roll from freezer, lunchmeat and lots of fresh veggies added)
Turkey/cheese sandwich, a few chips and a banana
Diced potatoes/onion/smoked sausage fried together
Smoked sausage (leftover) and hard boiled eggs
Waffles - (extra in the freezer)
Stuffed bell pepper - steamed pepper in micro, then filled with dirty rice (box mix) and cheese
Refried beans (freezer), dirty rice (leftover), cheese and tomato burrito
LADIES IN THE U.S. - Don't forget this will be a good grocery stock-up week with Memorial Day coming up next weekend. Look for those great deals that happen at holidays - hamburger, hotdogs, sausages, buns, pop, chips, condiments, melons, corn, etc. I have already seen some super ads for this coming week. Be penny wise and stock-up when the prices are cheap!!!!!!!!
Even swimsuits and summer wear are being advertised 50% off at some stores.
How was your week? Did you find any deals or great savings?
I pray that you each have a blessed week and please stay healthy and safe my friends.
Blessings from my little humble home to yours.